David Weir being phased out?

He seems to have faded from the first team completely. I know he's on the 'injured' list, but I would not be shocked if this is the start of the end of him playing for the first team.

We have Goian, Perry, Bartley, Bocanegra - Weir isn't desperately needed anymore. Not even as a squad player.

I'd be surprise to see him feature again, and reckon he may change over to coaching staff within a few months.

We have Goian, Perry, Bartley, Bocanegra - Weir isn't desperately needed anymore. Not even as a squad player.

Hopefully he keeps himself fully fit if he's staying for the rest of the season because you never know if we might need him at some point due to injuries and/or suspensions.

Impossible to tell given that he is injured but I would not be surprised to see him re-establish himself in the first XI when fit. Whether or not that would be the right decision is another matter all together.

Got to hope you are wrong.

Looking at it another way. This injury is legitimate, I was at the game and knew he was injured straight away - he immediately got Papac to tell McCoist he couldnt continue.

Given the injury is legitimate and given he has been out for an extended period, this should be the PERFECT opportunity to phase the big man out of the team and into a "squad" role. Goian HAS to be 1st pick and from there it is any one from Perry, Bocanegra, Bartley (when fit) and Weir. Weir will definitely have his uses but they should be more sparing.

Got to hope you are wrong.

Looking at it another way. This injury is legitimate, I was at the game and knew he was injured straight away - he immediately got Papac to tell McCoist he couldnt continue.

Given the injury is legitimate and given he has been out for an extended period, this should be the PERFECT opportunity to phase the big man out of the team and into a "squad" role. Goian HAS to be 1st pick and from there it is any one from Perry, Bocanegra, Bartley (when fit) and Weir. Weir will definitely have his uses but they should be more sparing.

I might well be, just saying what I think will happen. Not necessarily what I want.

I might well be, just saying what I think will happen. Not necessarily what I want.

Yeah, my response wasnt clear on that. I know you yourself wouldnt necessarily prefer that.

I am hoping you are wrong with what you think might happen.