Starting to trust Ally?

Ally was always going to be a bit of a gamble,indeed any new manager was,however if there is any other explayer who knows Rangers better than Ally then I'd like to know who.As well as being a Rangers legend and as a player who also had hard times with Rangers,the guy is smarter than a lot of people think,he served his time under WS,another Rangers legend,so I was always happy to give him a chance.

I do think he played it quite cagey at first and that has back fired a wee bit,but the man is a natural born winner and as an ex striker I think he knows how he wants to play the game and for that reason I think we are seeing a team more on the front foot,creating a shit load of chances.Long may it continue.

P.S. welcome to the gersnet forum Ergatrude

Ally was always going to be a bit of a gamble,indeed any new manager was,however if there is any other explayer who knows Rangers better than Ally then I'd like to know who.

I think there's a few ex-players who maybe think they know better, but not one of them is more deserving of (or better suited to) being our manager than Ally!!

I was in favour of giving him a chance pre-season and European form had me worried and well cup form in general has been very disappointing. Maybe the fact he wasn't completely back in the transfer market another factor. However he has done very well in the league since an open day slip up and has shown he does have the ability to manage and hopefully he keeps it up and the same goes for the players and hopefully Jelavic starts picking up form again, him and Naismith and Lafferty can score bucket loads if they are in the mood.

I must say that we as a support are very quick to get on the back of management and players although being out of Europe is something that disappointed us all. However, it might not be a bad thing in the long run for Ally in his first season. Onwards and upwards from here!

At the offset it must be said there were concerns, the pre-season flops especially that 1st game against the 4th division team from Germany (can't even remember their name now) the opening league draw at home to Hearts, the 2 games v Malmo, then the disastrious elimination from Europe to 'minnows' Maribor, somehow Ally got through it, well you couldn't SACK the guy for that could you?

The loss of Weir, Papac, Wallace and Bartley in defence to injury didn't help, and Whittaker's BIG mistakes had the writing on the wall for Coisty, Bougherra let him down because of his own interests, but the emergence of Goian & Bocanegra (Ally signings) have in effect saved his job, add to that the tried and trusted midfield lads who have stood up to be counted especially Mo Edu an easy target for what went wrong. Experienced guys like Davis, Naisy and Laff have grabbed the mantle and now unsurprisingly we're flowing. We have the best keeper in the country if not Europe (forget that gaff against the Mhanks) Gregg Wylde although frustrating at times has sent in vital crosses for precious wins namely at Tannadice and the game v Hibs (Kyle converted both). Once Jelly hits top form then us Rangers fans are in for a treat.

Ally has always been a lucky b*****d......look at the players he has at his disposal.

With Papac, Ness & Bartley back in the frame things can only get better. No dough, 4 in a row.