Pittodrie up for sale

The new stadium design can supposedly be modified to 30,000+ Dutchy, just like Brighton's new Amex stadium, but despite it being roughly the same 21,000 initial size as the Amex I doubt if it'll be anywhere near as nice considering that the Amex cost well over 100 million and the sheep plan to do it for about 35 million.

Brighton obviously had help from Amex seeing as they are sponsoring the stadium

Aye, they'll probably have done an up-front deal on the stadium naming sponsorship to pay for it. That must be the done thing with these sponsored purpose-built stadiums.

Its the only way to do things getting sponsorship backing with brand new stadiums as they cost a fortune and Brighton were in a financial mess not that long ago iirc, if they slapped a £105m debt onto themselves they would be up shit creek.

Its the only way to do things getting sponsorship backing with brand new stadiums as they cost a fortune and Brighton were in a financial mess not that long ago iirc, if they slapped a £105m debt onto themselves they would be up shit creek.

Makes you wonder how Wimbledon managed to do it because I don't think their new MK stadium was funded by sponsorship/naming rights. Could be wrong though because I don't know too much about their whole situatiion.

Wasn't the whole idea of the team to move to Milton Keynes for money and a stadium there? I don't know the ins and outs but it wasn't exactly brilliant.

I don't know either mate, but I'd presume that when they were bought over their property-developing owner/s found a way to re-locate them to a new stadium and still make money.

Guest Dutchy
The new stadium design can supposedly be modified to 30,000+ Dutchy, just like Brighton's new Amex stadium, but despite it being roughly the same 21,000 initial size as the Amex I doubt if it'll be anywhere near as nice considering that the Amex cost well over 100 million and the sheep plan to do it for about 35 million.

Most canny Scots portrayed in film and the media have Aberdeenshire accents, so I'm sure they're using the odd disused oil rig for the girders, hence the cheaper costs. lol

I knew a guy that worked for Milne's company and he was leaving to start his own housing sales business. His leaving gift was a fancy wooden chess set after years of service, with Milne's company name emboozled all around the borders. LOL