Rangers Striker Nikica Jelavic Confirms Fenerbahce Offer

Rangers Striker Nikica Jelavic Confirms Fenerbahce Offer

Saturday, 8th October, 2011

Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic has revealed that he could have moved to Turkish giants Fenerbahce over the summer, but opted to stay in Scotland instead.

Jelavic was known to have been approached by English Championship outfit Leicester City, who themselves saw a bid of £6.5M turned down by Rangers.

The Croatian striker now though has pointed to another offer, a more attractive one, from Fenerbahce.

"While there was a good offer from Leicester, that is not a club I want to move on to if I am to leave", the striker told Rangers Monthly.

"Fenerbahceâ??s proposal was really interesting, but I wanted to stay because we have a very good chance of winning the title again this season.

"In all honesty, I am very happy here.

"At the moment I am really not thinking about any new clubs."

Ref: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/10/08/rangers-striker-nikica-jelavic-confirms-fenerbahce-offer/50529/?

The big man isnt quite Dado Prso but he is quality. The same article was on beeb and said he wants to play in England, so I think it is save to say he will move on when a Premier League team comes in with a bid.

So it wasn't Liverpool, it was Fenerbahce?

Meh - his form this year has been patchy at best. Loved him by the end of last season, totally nonplussed about him this year. He just hasn't looked in the mood in pretty much any of our matches bar the OF. And no disrespect to Lafferty, but the fact he's outshone Jelavic up front tells you how much the Croat seems to have 'fallen' this year. And Naismith has outshone the pair of them.

My point is Jelavic has clearly had his head turned, and it's affected his displays. He was dire preseason, and while he has 4 goals this year in the league (not exactly incredible and the same as Lafferty), his performances just haven't matched last year.

Jelavic isn't even a first pick for Croatia. They have about 8 top strikers and he's by no means guaranteed to start in any match. If we get a high bid in January, tbh I'd take it happily.

Jelavic isn't even a first pick for Croatia. They have about 8 top strikers and he's by no means guaranteed to start in any match. If we get a high bid in January, tbh I'd take it happily.

Totally agree Danny. Just as long as have time to get someone else in.

Naismith & Lafferty are young, versatile & hungry. We would cope without Jelavic, but I do think he is an important player for us. Like Allan says though, if we sold him with enough time to replace him I wouldn't complain too much. Unfortunately for us we have been a stepping stone for a long long time now.