Travel Club to Hamburg

Just had text and phone call from Tam Cook's travel club for the upcoming Hamburg friendly at £245 for the day trip.

Tickets distributed in Hamburg on match-day.

Other than the large number of Bears in Hamburg/Germany, this could see a very large number of bears going to this game given our early Euro exit before most Bears had a chance to go anywhere.

If people thought the Liverpool game was taking the piss! :D

£245 for a trip to Hamburg and take in a football match might not be too bad, but for a friendly. Not for me, unfortunatley.

The day trip for the Maribor away game was something like £465 !!

Don't know how it's taking the piss, it's a Hamburg game and you don't get flights and hotels for free.

I'm not the kind of person who would pay over £250 for a day trip but it's the kind of thing I'd be interested in if it coincided with a four day or more holiday somewhere. However, I'm not personally that interested in seeing the city of Hamburg in Summer far less in November.

The day trip for the Maribor away game was something like £465 !!

Yeah this was due to availability of Thomas Cook flights during the busier holiday period. That flight was cancelled due to lack of interest (I wonder why?!) and those who paid for the trip were put on the official team flight. Surely they would have learned their lesson from there that it is too expensive for fans?

£395 for the overnight package is just a bit too much for me to spend, especially so close to Christmas time. Although independent travel may be a better option for most people, despite the lack of direct flights to Hamburg.

Although independent travel may be a better option for most people, despite the lack of direct flights to Hamburg.

Berlin is only about a 3hr drive from Hamburg, so people could fly to there and chip in for car hire. Easyjet do Glasgow to Berlin from about £70 return, so that could be a cracking option. Train from Berlin to Hamburg would be another option.

Berlin is only about a 3hr drive from Hamburg, so people could fly to there and chip in for car hire. Easyjet do Glasgow to Berlin from about £70 return, so that could be a cracking option. Train from Berlin to Hamburg would be another option.

Sounds more interesting - but still not in November.

Sitting here in Holland and with a potential base as a 'jumping off' point, I was excited on hearing about this game.

Until I asked how far is Hamburg from here.

500-600 kilometres was the answer, phew!!!