GF2 Stewards at it now.

If we could get enough sensible fans ( myself ruled out ) great idea.

I don't see that as a problem as most if not all the teams in Holland and Germany already have shown that the system is workable. I think though that it should not be forgotten that if people misbehave a supporter steward will also have to take action to remove the misbehaviour(s). Having supporter stewards is not a ticket for people to do what they like. Supporter stewards will also get rightly or wrongly criticised at times.

I don't see that as a problem as most if not all the teams in Holland and Germany already have shown that the system is workable. I think though that it should not be forgotten that if people misbehave a supporter steward will also have to take action to remove the misbehaviour(s). Having supporter stewards is not a ticket for people to do what they like. Supporter stewards will also get rightly or wrongly criticised at times.

Hopefully there would be a lot more come and go thou. And I'd rather have a supporter steward give me a quite word to calm down, than a jumped up wee muppet of a steward drag me all the way to the top of the stairs to talk to me like a wee schoolboy.

For anybody who was at the game and saw the rumpus in GF2 a quick what happened. One guy who hadn't said a word all game suddenly gets hauled out for being drunk. When I asked steward he said he was drunk and violent. We refused to let the steward take him away, he went to get the police.

So I asked the guy what happened, he said he came out the toilets at halftime he had a speedwabble before going for a pie ( did it myself often enough floors are like an ice rink by halftime ) said the steward saw this but let him buy a pie and make his way back to his seat at top off the stairs the steward asked if he was drunk, he replied " go and ge us fhucking peace" went and sat down. this guy hadn't said a word all day to anybody. The police came back and arrested him for being drunk only thing he did wrong was resisting arrest.

All this came about because again a jumped up wee Hitler of a steward stuck his nose in when he didn't need to.

Sounds like a nice guy. All he had to say was "No" but he had to give a smart arse answer.

I have to say that there is wrong on both sides of this, in my opinion.

The guys response would have annoyed most of us when, as Gav says, all he needed to do was say "No, I just slipped as I was rushing from the toilet". His response was aggressive enough that it would have gotten to the steward. After all, lets not forget that they are only there to do their job too (some do it better than others).

Also, drunk people tend to be (I know I am stereo-typing here, so apologies) more aggressive in nature. So his response, if anything, would have done nothing but provide confirmation to the steward that he WAS drunk, rightly or wrongly.

Given all the recent troubles with stewards and police you would have expected people to wisen up to how you need to handle any interaction with them.

Some people are their own worst enemies !

Have to disagree with you there Craig. The steward is there to check on the safety of the fans, by the way some of these people - anybody really that's given some power over others - talk to the people they're supposed to be looking after is well over the top.

You have to ask yourself the question, what's going on in the mind of people that have the power to ban someone from the ground?

I'd say it's all too easy to wind people up when they've been drinking, not drunk, but been drinking and in a highly emotional environment. You can't tell me it doesn't happen, surely?

There seems to be a downward spiral going on at the moment. The fans rightly or wrongly see the stewards as out to get them so can get very aggressive straight from the off. How you bring this to an end is the bigger problem.

Heard last night the guy had spent the weekend in the cells and was up in court on Monday morning, but never heard anything else.

I have to say that there is wrong on both sides of this, in my opinion.

The guys response would have annoyed most of us when, as Gav says, all he needed to do was say "No, I just slipped as I was rushing from the toilet". His response was aggressive enough that it would have gotten to the steward. After all, lets not forget that they are only there to do their job too (some do it better than others).

Also, drunk people tend to be (I know I am stereo-typing here, so apologies) more aggressive in nature. So his response, if anything, would have done nothing but provide confirmation to the steward that he WAS drunk, rightly or wrongly.

Given all the recent troubles with stewards and police you would have expected people to wisen up to how you need to handle any interaction with them.

Some people are their own worst enemies !

The guy was only impolite to the steward thou Craig the rest of the day he was just sitting watching the game, so he was being no danger to anyone. All the steward had to do was shake his head walk away and keep a quiet eye on him for the second half but they seem unable to do this at the moment.