A nice little comparision of Lennon and Mowbray..

I agree with Zappa although I can see why it looks strange at how things have so quickly turned for the worse.

My take on it is thus :

1. Lennon signed these players and they want to impress at a new club, hence a great deal of effort.

2. They dont know Lennon's style of management so dont know what to expect.

3. During last season they didnt really face, too much, the "snarling" Lennon because, lest we forget, they only threw the league away in the last few games - so no time for him to get all pissed off, shouting, calling players out.

4. They also probably felt that any of this "aggressive" management probably came about due to the bomb and personal threats. So they cut him some slack.

But now that the threats are gone, that they are languishing behind us in the league and the "true" Lennon has come out, I suspect that there is probably half of his squad who are thinking "WTF have I let myself in for here" whilst the other half (such as Ledley) are bullshitting with the "he is one of the greatest managers I have ever had" nonsense.

So whilst on the face of it, it looks very strange indeed just how much of an implosion they have suffered.... I think if you look behind the veil a wee bit more you can see that it was going to happen to some of their players.

I mean, one week he is suggesting that they are world beaters, the next they are gash. He gives Samaras a new 3 yr deal and says he is a great player, then 6 months later says "he is the kind of player who could get me the sack".

If the guy cant even be consistent in his media interviews how the hell can he expect consistent performances on the pitch ? Although, to be fair, Celtic have been consistent this year. Consistently pish - and long may that continue :D

Agree Craig you can't keep throwing them under the bus and expect them to sweat blood for you on the pitch. You just have to look at the state of TLB in his interviews to know that he's hammering something really hard be it drink or drugs.

From the very first defeat to Ross County in the cup it's always the players fault, compare that to Ally we win as a team lose as a team or he takes the blame.

Edited by GovanAllan

You make a good point Allan when comparing the two.

Funnily enough, Lennon has MORE experience as a manager than Ally - but dont let the hooped horrors tell you that, it would ruin their "Lenny is inexperienced" mantra when considering how far behind they are.

The rather BIG difference is that whilst Lennon was inserted into his position having had next to no experience, alongside a manager who had never managed at a particularly high level - sure, Mowbray managed West Brom but they struggled badly under him in the EPL - and, even so, Lennon was only reserve team coach, was he not ?

At the same time, McCoist has spent 4 years as assistant to one of Scotland's most successful managers EVER.... and that is just the 4 years at the club McCoist took over. He also had a couple of years as assistant to the same man for the national team.

So whilst McCoist is a "rookie" in managerial terms he has SIX YEARS of experience working alongside (as right hand man) to one of the most successful managers Scotland has ever produced.

So, you have Lennon (thrown to the wolves) and you have McCoist (nurtured by one of the finest).... yes, it could have went sour for McCoist (and might still do) but I know if I were a betting man (and I am) where my money would be......

You just have to look at the state of TLB in his interviews to know that he's hammering something really hard be it drink or drugs.

If you pay attention, he almost always has bloodshot eyes and that's normally a sure sign of some kind of substance abuse. I actually think he's a stoner/pot-head.

If you pay attention, he almost always has bloodshot eyes and that's normally a sure sign of some kind of substance abuse. I actually think he's a stoner/pot-head.

It is funny that both you and Allan mention this. Almost every single time I see him in an interview he really DOES have BADLY bloodshot eyes. Not sure about substance abuse but I would be more surprised to hear that he wasnt on anything that to hear he was.

I have watched his interviews and always looked at his bloodshot eyes (and the rims of his eyes look enflamed too) and thought "Lennon looks like he just got back from a night on the lash".

Again, long may this continue.

He is an emotional type. And emotional types, when adding pressure to them, dont always respond the way you would expect. I would be FAR from surprised to hear that he was an alcoholic, or addicted to junk.

It is funny that both you and Allan mention this. Almost every single time I see him in an interview he really DOES have BADLY bloodshot eyes. Not sure about substance abuse but I would be more surprised to hear that he wasnt on anything that to hear he was.

I have watched his interviews and always looked at his bloodshot eyes (and the rims of his eyes look enflamed too) and thought "Lennon looks like he just got back from a night on the lash".

Again, long may this continue.

He is an emotional type. And emotional types, when adding pressure to them, dont always respond the way you would expect. I would be FAR from surprised to hear that he was an alcoholic, or addicted to junk.

Alcohol abuse gives you bloodshot eyes Craig, but doesn't give you eyes which are THAT bloodshot. Lennon is into some other kind of drug/s. My guess is that he's smoking dope and taking some sort of uppers as well, maybe even charlie.

You make a good point Allan when comparing the two.

Funnily enough, Lennon has MORE experience as a manager than Ally - but dont let the hooped horrors tell you that, it would ruin their "Lenny is inexperienced" mantra when considering how far behind they are.

The rather BIG difference is that whilst Lennon was inserted into his position having had next to no experience, alongside a manager who had never managed at a particularly high level - sure, Mowbray managed West Brom but they struggled badly under him in the EPL - and, even so, Lennon was only reserve team coach, was he not ?

At the same time, McCoist has spent 4 years as assistant to one of Scotland's most successful managers EVER.... and that is just the 4 years at the club McCoist took over. He also had a couple of years as assistant to the same man for the national team.

So whilst McCoist is a "rookie" in managerial terms he has SIX YEARS of experience working alongside (as right hand man) to one of the most successful managers Scotland has ever produced.

So, you have Lennon (thrown to the wolves) and you have McCoist (nurtured by one of the finest).... yes, it could have went sour for McCoist (and might still do) but I know if I were a betting man (and I am) where my money would be......

He also had all those years with Walter as his gaffer as well Craig. Sitting there day after day watching how the man conducted himself how he spoke to the players. Money can't but that knowledge.

If he's on heavy anti depressants then you mix that with alcohol then throw some nose candy on top it's a lethal mix. Leads to paranoia and enemies in every corner. Ring a bell with the way he's acting at the moment.

If he's on heavy anti depressants then you mix that with alcohol then throw some nose candy on top it's a lethal mix. Leads to paranoia and enemies in every corner. Ring a bell with the way he's acting at the moment.

Everything about the guy just shouts and screams drugs: His actions are wild and irratic; he's having serious problems communicating with his team; his eyes are almost always bloodshot. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I've thought for a long time that Lennon was going a bit overboard with recreational drugs.