Listening to him tonight finally made me realise how much of a serial liar he is.

Serial liar is a good description, but in all fairness to the guy, he just says things that enter his mind. :D

The thing that gets me is how Chick has managed to earn such a large wage - when he first came to our screens, I thought he was a total joke who wouldn't last long - and his parodies on Only an Excuse were the only good parts of his career. Over the years he's not only become worse, he actually acts like he thinks he's a heavyweight reporter while bringing nothing but nonsense to the table.

I realise people on the telly get paid a lot, but that's usually justified by them being "better" at presenting or more knowledgeable about the game and therefore more popular than others who covet their jobs. They get the cash as they bring in the viewers or readers. How anyone can think Chick does that is well beyond my view of his talents - unless he attracts fans from other clubs.

How has such a loser been given so much exposure and far more money than he deserves?

I read these last night, but I've not read much of the comments to them on this thread. Needless to say, it certainly puts a diffirent angle on all the specualtive rubbish that has been said and printed about our situation.