Scoring Return For Kane

C'mon Zappa.... you must be getting an itch to post in this thread :thup:

Not really, no. :D

Since you invited me though.... I think it was clearly a game against far far inferior opposition and you can't take much from it really other than it being a good run-out for the players and maybe a great wee confidence booster for some of them.

Good to see a striker just back from a pretty serious injury getting a goal and two assists as well obviously! ;)

There was a distinct lack of fielding youngsters or fringe players for years. Usually, only in times of need did we throw on the likes of Wilson, Wylde, Ness and Hutton ... and noted that they can actually play some decent footie. Hence they retained their status. You would hope that Ally rotates the squad somewhat, especially against the lesser lights of the SPL, so that we have all first team squad members ready, should we need them. Obviously, at the same time, some of the stalwarts get a rest ... not because they need it physically, but from the hammer-throwing SPL opposition. Samples? McKay in for Davis (later to be subbed with Fleck), Kerkar in for Wylde, Bedoya on the right and subbed with Ortiz, Hemmings as sub for Jela or Lafferty from 60 mins onwards (or as soon as a game seems to be won). McMillan for Whittaker ... from the outside, it all looks so easy.

There was a distinct lack of fielding youngsters or fringe players for years. Usually, only in times of need did we throw on the likes of Wilson, Wylde, Ness and Hutton ... and noted that they can actually play some decent footie. Hence they retained their status. You would hope that Ally rotates the squad somewhat, especially against the lesser lights of the SPL, so that we have all first team squad members ready, should we need them. Obviously, at the same time, some of the stalwarts get a rest ... not because they need it physically, but from the hammer-throwing SPL opposition. Samples? McKay in for Davis (later to be subbed with Fleck), Kerkar in for Wylde, Bedoya on the right and subbed with Ortiz, Hemmings as sub for Jela or Lafferty from 60 mins onwards (or as soon as a game seems to be won). McMillan for Whittaker ... from the outside, it all looks so easy.

i would like to see Kerkar get at least half a game so as we can see what he can do. He seems to get good write-ups in the reserve games he plays. It looks like he will end up as the Phantom of the Opera though, hidden away in the cellars at Ibrox.

Would love to see young Kane get his chance and he might if Laff's back trouble is a continual niggle it will cut down his game time. Why not throw in the young lad playing along side Jela will improve him no end.

Can anyone else remember the last time we had such a large crop of really promising youngsters coming through at the same time looked after correctly they will be the backbone of the team for years to come.

Edited by GovanAllan

Not really, no. :D

Since you invited me though.... I think it was clearly a game against far far inferior opposition and you can't take much from it really other than it being a good run-out for the players and maybe a great wee confidence booster for some of them.

Good to see a striker just back from a pretty serious injury getting a goal and two assists as well obviously! ;)

Haha, I love how you're so desperately trying to be fair and balanced and playing it down when inside you're like 'YES, HEMMINGS FUCKING SHOWED YOU ALL!'.

I think everybody's agreed that when we're well up in a match, there should be a flood of young subs. They may even be keen enough to score and get us a whopping goal diffirence.

Haha, I love how you're so desperately trying to be fair and balanced and playing it down when inside you're like 'YES, HEMMINGS FUCKING SHOWED YOU ALL!'.

Not until he does it for us in competitive games!! Then I'll give the old :giruy: