Newcastle renaming St Jamesâ??. Iâ??m sure Pepsi looked at renaming Ibrox.....

When reading about Newcastle renaming there stadium to Sports Direct arena it naturally caused a stir. personally speaking i think it’s a great idea because the Geordies will always call it St James’s.

I’m pretty sure Pepsi looked at sponsoring Ibrox and renaming it something like “The Pepsi stadium” in the early 90’s(?) At the time it caused a lot of outrage but i thought it would be a great idea and would still welcome a stadium sponsor.

You know why? They can’t touch the main facade of the Bill Struth main stand for obvious reasons, and why knock back a multi million pound source of income when me and you will, still call it “Ibrox”?

It’s a good bit of business IMO

Edited by Bears

Don't think we would make much money remember where we play our football it ain't the EPL.

For sure mate. But someone like Irn Bru or some other local/Scottish company wouldn;t go amiss. But then you have the issue of the baby rapists boycotting the brand that sponsors Ibrox.

I would be more than happy to let a sponsor rename Ibrox if we got £10m + out of it but as has been stated very few companies would want to single out one side of the Old Firm and risk the slabbering mhanks not spending their incapacity benefit on their products. Maybe a luxury brand would work....The Land Rover Arena perhaps????

On another note any suggestions for what The Piggery could be renamed?