Gersnet Analysis: We are the People...

2 short articles for your viewing pleasure... ;)

http://www.gersnet.info/fmrangers/newmain/261006.html

We Are The People 26/10/2006

Seems more than a few Celtic fans (let's be civil eh?) are in the huff about David Edgar (RST Spokesperson and all round good egg) signing off on Real Radio's Football Phone-In with 'We are the People'. Apparantly this phrase (used since the oldest bear I know remembers) is now sectarian and offensive.

So much so, that Real Radio presenter Ewen Cameron (and his boss Jay Crawford) felt the need to apologise on David's behalf later on the show. Last time I checked, even Rangers FC themselves, back this harmless phrase decribing our thoughts of being footballs best supporters (how dare us!) and sticking together through good and bad. Why would anyone find such a thing offensive?

Is there anything the Celtic support (and their many sympathisers) don't find offensive or sectarian?

We are the people!

The Junglebhoys Remember 26/10/2006

Also, this week, 'The Sun' reports that the official Celtic singing section will unveil a banner that will eventually be passed on to the Benfica fans paying tribute to their player Miklos Feher who tragically suffered a heart attack and died on the pitch whilst playing for Benfica in 2004.

Very admirable the neutral may say but am I the only commentator finding this gesture to be a bit off? Apparantly on their forums, the Junglebhoys organisers talk about how this will bring them great publicity home and abroad. Why should that matter if they truly want to be so selfless?

Remember this is the fans' group who paid an IRA terrorist to paint their Jock Stein banner. I'm sure the Benfica fans will be delighted to know that such a dubious group want to remember their player while still glorifying a terror organisation who murdered innocent women and children in cold blood.

Just don't expect to read about that in the papers anytime soon. In saying that, maybe if we phone Real Radio and complain of being offended, they will apologise on our behalf? Or, like any other media platform, maybe Real Radio only find offence when Rangers fans are supposedly doing the offending? It's is interesting how quickly these platforms dismiss our thoughts when we find similar offence? But then again we don't have Chief Executives phoning up the station or sectarian fans' forums posting the address of the presenter's family. Yet, we're continually (mis)cast as the villains?

When UEFA started their carry on against our Club and met no resistance at all from Ibrox, I said at that time, things had gone too far.

"We are the People" is next. .................and then it will be everything else that identifies the football club Rangers.

:mad:

I'm reliably informed that WATP will not, under any circumstances, be under threat despite the challenges placed upon us both last night and in the future.

There is nothing remotely offensive regarding the phrase and as such no reason for us to remove it from our background.

As for the second part of your post Frankie.

That mob are well know 'revisionists'.

I read a "Sellik View" [don't ask], the other week. If you get the chance, have a look inside at the page where they set out what the mhanks believe in and how they came into existence.

Apparently Brother Walfrid set up the Club with 'multi-religion' in mind.

:sigh::mad:

It is worth remembering that a Rangers employee, who holds great weight believes that We Are The People is a sectarian chant / phrase / song....

As for The Bungle Bhoys, nothing about them surprises me - links to IRA terrorists on their website, their emblum and their banner....

EDIT - Ewank Cameron has contacted Rangers today and the club have no problem / issue with WE ARE THE PEOPLE and it isn't sectarian. A fantastic caller (step forward Sammy) is currently ripping the stuttering Jambo to bits over this.

Wonder if Ewank will have the bottle to call Craptic and ask them for a statement on the vile and repugnet chants - Soon There Will be No Protestants At All, Sad Orange Barsteward, By No Orange Barstewards that have been sung at HOME & AWAY games this season????

Cammy F