Singing I'm No a Billy he's a Tim - Blog

As someone who was lived his entire life in deepest darkest Lanarkshire let me tell you Danny the place is rife with them. There maybe slightly less in numbers but by fuck they are organised. They get involved with everything that will push the catholic agenda forward they know the system inside out and back to front. And they shout the loudest about any little thing that doesn't suit them and we all know if you shout the loudest for the longest you are the one that's heard.

They have over the years quietly and deliberately got themselves into positions of power within all aspects of life while still playing the downtrodden oppressed people card a very dangerous mix.

So what you're basically saying is Catholics are evil?

I think this thread is heading way off the subject.

I really don't see why any conversation about either side of the old firm always seems to end in something about religion. There may very well be more protestants than catholics in this country it that doesn't mean that they all support Rangers, nor does it mean all catholics support Celtic. The majority might support these teams, but I don't see why we have to use the religions as a means to count who has more fans than the other. I know many catholics who don't support Celtic some actually support Rangers. Just like I know some protestants who support Celtic.

This is where my issue in Scottish football lies, support the team you want to support. Maybe you support them because of the colour of their shirt, maybe it's about a player they have/had which you admire. Maybe you support a team purely because your Dad/Grandad supports them. Sometimes you support a team to wind your family up. My point is; it doesn't need to be about your religion.

I'm not saying Protestants shouldn't be Rangers fans & proud of their religion, just like I'm not saying the same about Catholics & Celtic. I'm just saying that until the focus is about Rangers & Celtic playing football & not about the associated religion I think the negativity will continue.

So back to the subject; Anyone who finds being called a Billy or a Tim is offensive needs to have a good look at themselves. The debate is always going to comeback to "if hun is offensive then tim is offensive". I'm sorry but you don't get many Rangers fans calling themselves huns, but you do get many Celtic fans calling themselves tims. I refer to myself as a bear, or a bluenose. But that could just be me.

So what you're basically saying is Catholics are evil?

No what am saying is The RC Church are only interested in themselves and the rest can do one, they have no regard for anyone else.

The saying " The Tail is Wagging the Dog " is never truer than today's Scotland.

No what am saying is The RC Church are only interested in themselves and the rest can do one, they have no regard for anyone else.

The saying " The Tail is Wagging the Dog " is never truer than today's Scotland.

There are very few religions who care about those outside that religion Allan.

There are very few religions who care about those outside that religion Allan.

True Danny ands that the reason I take very little to do with organised religion. Religion should stay in its church's and out of politics but the RC Church seems incapable of doing this.

True Danny ands that the reason I take very little to do with organised religion. Religion should stay in its church's and out of politics but the RC Church seems incapable of doing this.

I never really had interest in religion - as a kid I hated it and was cajoled into conforming by my parents. Once I hit my teen years I abandoned it entirely - only observing its protocols for funerals.

I never really had interest in religion - as a kid I hated it and was cajoled into conforming by my parents. Once I hit my teen years I abandoned it entirely - only observing its protocols for funerals.

Was in the BB's as a boy which I loved but the church side of it killed my interest in organised religion.