STEVEN NAISMITH has opened his heart for the first time over the horror injury that's left his season in pieces.

The stricken Rangers ace faces nine months out after snapping his right cruciate against Aberdeen three weeks ago.

He tells SunSport the agony he's felt knowing the big games he'll miss after starring for club and country this season.

But he insists he WILL be back after recovering from the same injury to his left knee in 2008.

Naismith, 25, said: "I've come back from this once to do that and I can do it again.

"I was on the upward climb and playing most weeks for Rangers and Scotland but I've got to turn that into my drive forward.

"I DID play two full seasons in the Champions League, I DID play most times for Scotland and I DID start scoring goals again.

"Is it worse doing it when I was playing at that level? I'd say it's comforting to know I got to that level from the injury. I can do that again."

Naismith is totally gutted he's got no chance of playing a major part in trying to help Gers to four in a row.

He said: "The feeling of winning the league, of playing a big part in it on that last day or whenever it is, was fantastic.

"If you are on the park going for a trophy or winning one, being involved is a massive thing. I know I won't be there.

"If that day comes this season I'll be in my suit.

"I won't have my gear on and I won't be dirty and sweaty after playing.

"There's still a lot of work and points to play for and it could go to the last day like last season.

"But that feeling won't be there for me this season. I know that.

"It's not the same but I know I have contributed which will help soften the blow.

"It's the club I grew up supporting and you will do anything to win.

"I think that's shown in my game since I came back.

"The first Old Firm game was a great day for us, personally it was a great day scoring my first Old Firm goals.

"Not having the chance to experience that feeling again this season is the gutting part."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3940512/Rangers-ace-on-his-injury-hell.html#ixzz1dwVEaRup