Sfa clear celtic after chant probe

I didn't think they were punished for what happened on the street outside of the ground? Is it not what happens at the game itself?

That's a fair point Dutchy, I think UEFA's jurisdiction would extend to the environs of the ground but not beyond; for example they had no jursidiction over events in the streets of Manchester, if they had we would be out of Europe for 10 years.

But I was inside the stadium and I heard FTP, FB's etc all around me, I heard some fans arguing with others to stop, it would get us in trouble, but still it went on.

Inside and outside the stadium there seemed to be a feeling that because it was Holland it was OK, but it isn't OK, in Holland, Spain, Scotland or anywhere else.

That's a fair point Dutchy, I think UEFA's jurisdiction would extend to the environs of the ground but not beyond; for example they had no jursidiction over events in the streets of Manchester, if they had we would be out of Europe for 10 years.

Seems to me if they had jurisdiction and were FAIR, banning Rangers would also require banning all English teams. It was the English that started the whole thing. I'm also not convinced that all the rioters were Rangers fans. When you look at the huge crowds, it was so blue due to all the Rangers tops, then look at the rioters and there is only a minority of blue worn. How can you punish Rangers when there may have been fans of other teams among the few hundred rioters in a 200,000 strong crowd?

You'd also have to look at every riot anywhere related to Euro match - a few hundred out of 200k riot after extreme provocation in Manchester - then compare a couple of hundred out of about 1000 riot in Fulham with no provocation after Chelsea lose a CL game... Nobody talks about that though...

But I was inside the stadium and I heard FTP, FB's etc all around me, I heard some fans arguing with others to stop, it would get us in trouble, but still it went on.

Inside and outside the stadium there seemed to be a feeling that because it was Holland it was OK, but it isn't OK, in Holland, Spain, Scotland or anywhere else.

I was 60km from the ground watching the game on Dutch TV, I heard no such singing, but I accept there will always be folk that have too much to drink and over do things. But the Dutch commentators said nothing of bad chants by the Rangers fans, and I can assure you, they're very aware of the situation in Scotland.

If you're looking for the occasional drunk at a game you'll find it, and I'm sure FARE didn't have to look too far. I'm not sure that's the same as the whole crowd making themselves being heard. I'm sick of hearing about religion in football, but we got done anyway, so that's the end of it.

Hopefully fans will pay attention to their 'shouting' in the future.