West Bromwich Albion and Dundee United agree Scott Allan fee

The English Premier League club have made their move for the highly-rated Tannadice youngster, STV has learned.

Dundee United have accepted a bid from West Bromwich Albion for midfielder Scott Allan.

The 20-year old made his first team breakthrough this year and has been tracked by several clubs but West Brom have moved to the front of the queue after having a bid accepted by the Tannadice club, STV understands.

Allan is now free to discuss terms with the English Premier League side and could make the switch to England when the transfer window opens in January.

Newcastle United, Rangers and Celtic are all reported to have had an interest in the Scotland Under-21 star and it became apparent that he may be ready to quit Tannadice after talks over a new contract broke down in September.

Allan's current deal expires in the summer and he would be free to talk to other clubs in January about an end of season move with United only receiving training compensation.

Dundee United manager Peter Houston was openly critical of the player, saying at the time: "Scott has rejected our offer and I'm very disappointed.

"He was offered the best deal this club has ever offered to a teenager but doesn't want it.

"When it comes down to a 19-year-old demanding to be the third-highest paid player at the club after two-and-a-half games then I wouldn't pay him it even if I could afford it."

Allan made his debut for United in a Europa League qualifier against Slask Wroclaw and played in six Scottish Premier League matches. However, he has not featured in the first team since October 29.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/dundee-united/287691-west-bromwich-albion-and-dundee-united-agree-scott-allan-fee/

I think they're saying they get £300,000 for him. Not bad for a player that could have walked away in a couple of weeks. Although they would have got something as he's a youth under 24, I think. A la Aluko with the sheep and us.

I think they are trying to get rid of him before we come in for him as Thompson doesn't want to be dealing with us.

Haven't seen him play but he seems to be well thought after and reportedly a Rangers fan but that means nothing in modern day football as he will happily earn more for sitting on the bench for an average EPL/Championship side.