Blues Make Allan Approach

WBA ... well, all I would argue against them is the essentially frozen-out Dorrans (and against England as such: Goodwillie). I'd assume he would like to play some football and I doubt he will get that much as an untried Scot in a multi-million pound team. Of course, money at this age has its lure ...

WBA ... well, all I would argue against them is the essentially frozen-out Dorrans (and against England as such: Goodwillie). I'd assume he would like to play some football and I doubt he will get that much as an untried Scot in a multi-million pound team. Of course, money at this age has its lure ...

Money I'm pretty sure would be top of his list. You've got McCarthy and McArthur who have left Accies for Wigan and are playing on a regular basis in the EPL.

If he decides to stay here in Scotland then hats off to him.

Tbh he isn't well liked down Dundee Utd's way, Houston has had a go at his agent. Their preference would for him to go to WBA, as they will pay cash now, however its a catch 22 situation if he joins them at the end of the season then they owe Dundee Utd nothing. If he has been treated like shit then he might he might decide to go elsewhere.. Also they might freeze him out and hinder his progress if he joins us they wouldn't if he went to Celitc

He is a free, well a tribunal will settle if he agrees a pre contract or if say we want him now we sort out a fee.

Also add to the fact we have 100 hundred midfielders, shame Shinnie never made it but yeah I will not say....

Moot point though. We didnt keep Shinnie.

It's not a moot point to me Craig. I don't think we should be letting cracking young players like Shinnie leave on a free then be out a few months later looking to buy one from Dundee Utd or some other club for hundreds of thousands. It's not sensible. Having said that, I think our so-called interest in Allan will come to nothing anyway, so if I'm right on that front, then you're correct about it being a moot point...