Safe Standing Question Asked & Answered

Another pretty major problem that would need to be overcome is that TBO & UB singing section would need to be moved to wherever a safe standing section was created. It would be sheer madness to create a standing area in the Broomy Front and then hand it over to the Groin Brigade when they come to Ibrox. It seems to me that the only sensible place for a standing section would be the West Enclosure, but a lot of the fans with ST's in those sections won't be wanting to give up their seats in a hurry = major problem.

Another pretty major problem that would need to be overcome is that TBO & UB singing section would need to be moved to wherever a safe standing section was created. It would be sheer madness to create a standing area in the Broomy Front and then hand it over to the Groin Brigade when they come to Ibrox. It seems to me that the only sensible place for a standing section would be the West Enclosure, but a lot of the fans with ST's in those sections won't be wanting to give up their seats in a hurry = major problem.

Doesn't have to be restricted to one area, Zappa, least I wouldn't think so.

Doesn't have to be restricted to one area, Zappa, least I wouldn't think so.

No, but IF (and it's huge if) Craig Whyte decided to go ahead with doing it as part of a pilot scheme, it's quite likely that one area would be chosen, do you not think?

My point is really just the difficulties involved in choosing the right area because of moving TBO & UB (or singing) section and the problems that will arise from fans who don't want to move to new seats somewhere else.

A lot of people I have been speaking to would like to see this section in Copland front but I just dont see that being realistic whatsoever.

Whoever is responsible for this trial IF it happens, has a tonne of issues to consider and I am certain they wont please everyone.

Polls and surveys are completely meaningless.

The club could put a short survey card on every seat at Ibrox for a home game so that they can ask fans a few relevant questions about safe standing area/s. I don't see how that would be meaningless unless they did it with no intention to actually collate the results.

The club could put a short survey card on every seat at Ibrox for a home game so that they can ask fans a few relevant questions about safe standing area/s. I don't see how that would be meaningless unless they did it with no intention to actually collate the results.

That's a very good idea in my opinion although I'm sure they'll be driven by feasability more than anything else. They might have a bit of a logistical problem if they get thousands of responses so an online survey might be better but let me see what I can do, I know the right people to ask.