Novo on loan?

Two goals in 1 game doesn't mean he can still do it. How many goals has he scored since signing for the Spanish mob and how many games has he played?

But yes, a short term loan deal would be ideal.

Scoring two goals in one game tells me that he can still do it.

However, besides the wind-up king's opinion, I've come to the conclusion that this is a bad idea, if it looks like it's going to happen.

Jelavic is more likely to score than Novo, and he's not managing to do the business with this 'punt up the park' philosophy presently in vogue at Ibrox these days. Nacho was an inpact player who made a diffirence when he came on to the field, but there's no guarentee that what he's done in the past will be anything like what he will, or could do in the future.

On the whole, Lafferty, Aluko and Bendickson can do the job that Novo would be asked to do, so stop wasting the fans time Rangers and get your thinking caps on as this league should and is winnable without all this nostalgia bull.

One thing worth noting about Novo is that he did get a lot of games for Sporting Gijon last season (about 30 I think) and although he only scored 4 goals, he did obviously contribute to them having a decent season in La Liga, finishing 10th. Personally, I think the experience of playing in La Liga will have benefitted Nacho a lot and it wouldn't surprise me at all if his technique and vision for the game has improved due to playing in such a technically skilled league. This season he's had 5 starts plus 3 sub appearances and scored 3 goals.

He might be getting on a bit, but I really don't see what harm it would do to bring him in on a loan till May if it wouldn't cost too much.