Gers consider McCulloch appeal

Willie Collum, is now very highly regarded in Europe. He has had more than 30 European appiontments including the Final of the Under-19 Championship. Last season he did a Europa League quarter final Twente v Villarreal and this month a Champions League game Barcelona v Bate Borisov. Although Barca were already through and Bate had little chance of finishing third, his appointment to that match shows that he is being considered for more important matches in future.

If anything the fact that he is an RE teacher at a Catholic school will put him under more pressure to lean towards Rangers to show he is not biased towards Celtic.

However, as an ex referee (although nowhere near that level) I can assure you that in the white heat of an old firm match the last thing he will be thinking about is being biased or Mr Vincent Lunny or even the names of the teams to be honest. In the split seconds that a referee gets to make decisions, all that will concern him is did a blue player commit a foul on a green player etc. I can tell you now, he will make lots of mistakes.

As a certain Mr Platini pointed out after Mr Collum's first old firm game; there is only one referee on the park but there are 20 cameras well placed to show all the decisions from all angles.

Maybe we just get the refs that our very poor level of league is akin to, all the alleged conspiracies never stopped the mhanks winning nine in a row they conveniently forget that.

Conspiracy theories are just excuses for self made problems of the expounder of said theories, leave it to the mhanks, shows a distinct lack of class on their part.

I don't have all the pertinent facts to hand. But here's a couple:

Hooper. Elbow to Motherwell centre half, draws blood, player goes down and Celtic get a goal about 20 seconds later. Referee doesn't see it and no retrospective action.

Week or two later:

Naismith uses forearm/elbow v Dunfermline, refereee misses it. Retrospective 2 match ban dished out.

Colour me paranoid all you like but I see a flawed and unfair disciplinary which is not even being consistently applied. There are other incidents and utterings, particularly from that muppet Regan at the SFA, which lead me to this conclusion.

All I see is the uncertainty of the beautiful game in all it's glory, if certainty and lack of controversy was my bag football is the last place I would be looking, sterility tends to be the death knell of many things.

PS I never mentioned paranoia in the post.

Edited by khan

All I see is the uncertainty of the beautiful game in all it's glory, if certainty and lack of controversy was my bag football is the last place I would be looking, sterility tends to be the death knell of many things.

A purist's view. I respect that. But what I see are darker and more sinister forces at work. I realise as I type those words that it sounds more and more conspiratorial by the second so i guess I'll just need to take it on the chin. Or wait till the drink wears off...

PS I never mentioned paranoia in the post.

Fair do's.