Gers consider McCulloch appeal

Unfortunately we also saw the other side of the simulation coin today. Aluko got hacked but managed to stay on his feet and missed the chance. Surely this is saying to the players don't stay on your feet as you won't get a penalty. You get penalised for falling and you get penalised for staying on your feet. Strange.

It may be the copious libations partaken so far this Xmas day but I find myself in complete agreement with Leggo's blog today.

http://leggoland2.blogspot.com/2011/12/refs-row-regan-and-lawyer-lunny.html

Sunday, 25 December 2011

REFS ROW, REGAN AND LAWYER LUNNY

RANGERS supporters now feel they are entitled to harbour suspicions that referees believe they have to conform to some sort of perceived anti-Rangers agenda to please their Scottish Football Association bosses.

These suspicions deepened into dark thoughts when decisions went against Rangers which not only damaged them in Paisley, but also weakened their team for Wednesday night’s match against Celtic at Parkhead.

There was further fuel poured on to what would previously have been regarded as a bonfire of insanity, by what happened in Paisley. Not for a moment is there any suggestion that referees are behaving in a conscious anti Ibrox way.

But the men in the middle are only human and they have watched the way that Stewart Regan’s SFA and the man Regan has given the power to overrule refs, Vincent Lunny, have reacted to their decisions this season.

Awards given to Rangers are put under the microscope and some referees have already had decisions overturned by lawyer Lunny. While anything which is missed by the official, and which may put a Rangers man in the dock, is pounced upon.

When you get the red card which was flashed by referee Steven McLean at Lee McCulloch against St Mirren, examined in action replay and questioned by Sky’s analyst, former Celtic man, Andy Walker, you know the ordering off was far from clear cut.

Poor old Willie Collum. This latest in a long line of controversial decisions which Rangers have been on the receiving end of since Regan put Lunny in charge, puts Collum under intolerable pressure going into Wednesday’s Old Firm clash at Parkhead.

Collum may feel that if there is a borderline decision which may fall in Rangers’ favour and he gives it, he is likely to be retrospectively overruled by Regan’s man, lawyer Lunny.

Conversely, at the back of Collum’s mind, the thought may nag worryingly, that if there is a borderline decision which may punish Rangers and he does not come down against them, Regan’s man, lawyer Lunny, may rule against him again.

It is a no win situation for any referee to be asked to operate in and one which is increasingly being questioned, leading the man who rules the roost at the SFA, Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell’s good buddy Stewart Regan, to make what appear to be increasingly bizarre and contradictory statements about just what power lawyer Lunny does and does not have.

To return to Paisley, there was another strange refereeing situation after referee McLean had punished Rangers. That came when Graham Carey, who had already been booked for the worst tackle of the day, after a linesman told ref McLean about it, committed another foul which looked as though it deserved yellow, which McLean refused to administer. The ref’s facial expressions and body language afterwards told their own story.

There was also the case when Sone Aluko was clearly kicked inside the St Mirren box, but did not go down. No wonder! Had he done so he may have been afraid that prosecuting lawyer Lunny would have demanded war crimes charges be brought.

Of course Rangers were also responsible for what happened to them in Paisley. When St Mirren equalised it was down to the umpteenth time Whittaker failed to make a properly timed tackle. While, when Saints went ahead, Goian lumbered, looking as though he needed the Finnieston crane to help him turn. Not forgetting the sitter missed by Nikica Jelavic.

Hands up those who think Kris Boyd would have buried it.

However, with so many weird decisions going against them, while those which have been awarded in their favour are overturned, and the suspicion many harbour that referees may feel under pressure from Regan’s SFA and his weapon, lawyer Lunny, Rangers cannot afford any margin of error from any of their players.

It may be the copious libations partaken so far this Xmas day but I find myself in complete agreement with Leggo's blog today.

This situation the SFA have created with Lunny is completely farcical because for it to be fair they need to overrule EVERY wrong decision in the league and retrospectively award EVERY missed decision in ALL games. The league simply won't be a fair competition any more if they only cherry-pick certain incidents brought to their attention while ignoring the dozens upon dozens of others every week. The SFA are destroying the game and they don't even seem to know it.

Paranoia is a favourite dish of timmy, we do not partake of that particular dish, Leggo should leave us out of any of that nonsense, class will always out.

Form is temporary class is permanent.

I don't think its paranoia. I understand that we expect THEM to partake in it; but to ignore what is going on, to retain a dignified silence to not challenge what seems to be a Pro-Celtic and therefore anti-Rangers agenda, on the back of the furore kicked up by Celtic last season, is to bend over and take it up the shite pipe. Not for me, I'm afraid.

I don't think its paranoia. I understand that we expect THEM to partake in it; but to ignore what is going on, to retain a dignified silence to not challenge what seems to be a Pro-Celtic and therefore anti-Rangers agenda, on the back of the furore kicked up by Celtic last season, is to bend over and take it up the shite pipe. Not for me, I'm afraid.

Maybe we just get the refs that our very poor level of league is akin to, all the alleged conspiracies never stopped the mhanks winning nine in a row they conveniently forget that.

Conspiracy theories are just excuses for self made problems of the expounder of said theories, leave it to the mhanks, shows a distinct lack of class on their part.