McCoist - We're ready for Celtic

Is he just supposed to do a retarded Scott Brown style no comment interview.

The managers and players have media commitments to complete and dont go out seeking journo's to transcribe their thoughts.

When will people start to appreciate this?

Probably never in my case.

Probably never in my case.

Can you genuinely not see how stupid that is?

McCoist, McCulloch and anyone else who gets grief for this are not going around chasing journalists to have their thoughts published because they like they sound of their own voice. They are fulfilling part of their job for which they are paid by the club. It is genuinely bordering on moronic not to get this.

Complaining about what they say I can, to some extent, understand (though as Danny says they're just saying the right things in the press and probably something quite different in private). But to complain that they are talking to the press at all is idiotic. He doesn't have a choice, the club has media commitments we must fulfill.

Can you genuinely not see how stupid that is?

McCoist, McCulloch and anyone else who gets grief for this are not going around chasing journalists to have their thoughts published because they like they sound of their own voice. They are fulfilling part of their job for which they are paid by the club. It is genuinely bordering on moronic not to get this.

Complaining about what they say I can, to some extent, understand (though as Danny says they're just saying the right things in the press and probably something quite different in private). But to complain that they are talking to the press at all is idiotic. He doesn't have a choice, the club has media commitments we must fulfill.

I never said anywhere I didn't get it. I am old enough to totally understand how it works. That doesn't mean I have to buy a paper or read the bullshit.

I don't blame Ally for filling the papers with Bullshit but I do blame him for the bullshit performances of our football team. He is paid by RFC to get it right on the park He is not paid by any paper to Bullshit our supporters.

I never said anywhere I didn't get it. I am old enough to totally understand how it works. That doesn't mean I have to buy a paper or read the bullshit.

I don't blame Ally for filling the papers with Bullshit but I do blame him for the bullshit performances of our football team. He is paid by RFC to get it right on the park He is not paid by any paper to Bullshit our supporters.

I dont get your post no. 11 where you appeared to be suggesting that you don't get it? The only thing I have been arguing against in this thread is that it is stupid to complain about club employees doing something they have to do (i.e. talk to the press). Complaining about what they say is maybe a different matter, but complaining that they say anything to the press makes no sense and it gets tiresome reading people arguing against it every time one of our employees being quoted in the paper.

The other thing is that much of what is said is said at a club press conference and that a lot of interviews are required as part of media commitments for being part of the SPL and SFA competitions. So they're not even necessarily talking directly to journalists who are lifting the quotes.

If he didn't say anything at all people would complain as well. Can't win on that one.

I had a whole reply typed out then realised your post makes no sense. You don't blame him for filling the papers with crap but you do blame him for bullshitting the supporters.

What is the difference?

Firstly S-A said in post 10 when will I start to appreciate that the manager has to talk to the press. I just answered that I personally will never appreciate as i normally don't read the crap anyway. By the same token Rangers pay Ally McCoists wages and with that he has the obligation to make sure he puts the best product out on the park possible. At the moment it is total bullshit that he is putting on the park and that is why he is bullshitting our supporters. If he gets the the product on the field right then he can tell the papers what he likes but as long as the product on the park stays the way it is at this time, it is bullshit to everyone.

The moral of the story is get the story on the park in order and then he won't have to bullshit in the papers.

Firstly S-A said in post 10 when will I start to appreciate that the manager has to talk to the press. I just answered that I personally will never appreciate as i normally don't read the crap anyway.

I'm wondering if you picked me up wrong/I used an ambiguous phrase hence leading to some confusion? I dont mean "appreciate it" as in enjoy it. That phrase can be used in place of "understanding" something.

Anything else in the ensuing argument is irrelevant to what I was debating. I dont disagree we should be seeing a better standard of football. All i'm saying is it is futile to complain about the manager or player's quotes being lifted by the press.

I'm wondering if you picked me up wrong/I used an ambiguous phrase hence leading to some confusion? I dont mean "appreciate it" as in enjoy it. That phrase can be used in place of "understanding" something.

Anything else in the ensuing argument is irrelevant to what I was debating. I dont disagree we should be seeing a better standard of football. All i'm saying is it is futile to complain about the manager or player's quotes being lifted by the press.

I appreciated what you were meaning;) I just used the double meaning for my purposes as I do not appreciate Ally bullshitting anywhere while his team are playing bullshit. He should be saying he is ashamed of the performances of late and that he accepts he is partly to blame. He should be saying 50.000 people have paid good money to watch Rangers at Ibrox and the performances of the last few weeks are not worthy of them. If he has said that then I respect him for it all the rest is just Bullshit. Once he has a winning team that are repaying supporters for their loyalty then he can bullshit to whoever he wants. As I say I won't be buying the paper or reading any propaganda anyway. Stories about who is available and the likes and a honest analysis of a game I will gladly read just not the propaganda crap.

So you would rather he went the "Lennon route" would you pete ? Hang your players out to dry in the national press ?

Personally I prefer him to publicly say we are prepared for Celtic whilst privately tearing a strip off his players for the poor performances of late.

SAF has made a career of being "blind" to how poorly his team have played when talking to the press, but you can bet they are not mistaken how angry he is in the privacy of the dressing room.

The manager's job is also to protect his players. I am not convinced we would get the correct response if he chastised them in the press before this game.

And in fact, in recent weeks, he has indeed been telling the press that the performances arent good enough for Rangers.

So you would rather he went the "Lennon route" would you pete ? Hang your players out to dry in the national press ?

Personally I prefer him to publicly say we are prepared for Celtic whilst privately tearing a strip off his players for the poor performances of late.

SAF has made a career of being "blind" to how poorly his team have played when talking to the press, but you can bet they are not mistaken how angry he is in the privacy of the dressing room.

The manager's job is also to protect his players. I am not convinced we would get the correct response if he chastised them in the press before this game.

And in fact, in recent weeks, he has indeed been telling the press that the performances arent good enough for Rangers.

Totally no idea where I said he should hang his players out to dry. He should be looking in the mirror at his own performances. I don't blame the players for our recent form I blame the manager for the way he is setting out the team. If there are no players in a forward position then you can't pass the ball forward. Stick 2 men on Jelavic and close Davis down quickly and what is left 3 defending midfielders. But hey lets not criticise super Ally. The messiah!