'The Cauldron of Hate'

These games very rarely go to form, so we can only live in hope that the players will be so embarrassed by their perfomances if late, they will play to win on Wednesday.

I'm actually beginning to wonder if our current players will be intimidated by their screaming hatred and undergo a total collapse.

Can't say I'm looking for ward to this at all and a draw would be a minor mircale for us. At least they wouldn't be top for New Year, but I'm sure 'Well will take care of that on the 2nd.

Put simply Ally has 3 choices. Either the hyper defensive formation I suggested, a hyper attacking one with Wylde, Aluko and Lafferty all in there, or some utter surprise that no one can predict.

I just cannot see him going for it at all. A draw is far more useful to us than to Celtic.

Playing a defensive formation worked for us when we had fast players who were on top of their form. For we are much better picking teams off this season than to dominate a game or be creative. Hence, we "strolled" through a mediocre early season with Wylde, Naismith, Lafferty and Jelavic taking on this mantle. Once Naismith was out and Lafferty toiling too, this whole system went out of the window. It was more or less hit and hope ... for some brilliance of Jelavic. As soon as sides stopped us from doing that - St. Johnstone, Killie et al, we stuttered along. Ally chopped and changed and persisted in playing a combative midfield instead of a creative one, Fleck and McKay are sure pretty annoyed folk these days ... and who can blame them? It looks bad and we do not have the people to play that system. So he did a good job and brought in Aluko and as soon as Sone hits the field we look dangerous again?! Only to be denied by some rather ominous new rule that hits our new momentum right in the solar plexus region. Even Ally must have seen that his recent tactics do not work and they will not work against the Hooped Horrors either. If St. Johnstone and St. Mirren can match our midfield, I do expect that theirs will do so too. If there is need for it, that is. For they simply can by-pass it altogether and use their wing-players. Against a weakened central defence and a Whittaker who is well short of his own form, the omens do not look good. So by all accounts, an Aluko and Jelavic in the front line is a must, matter of fact, a 4-4-2 would be a surprise for the lego-eater and his ilk. Hit them fast and hit them hard, that will take the sting out of their bluster.

Alas, I'll be off to work so I will have to watch the game later on ... unless we get beaten, and thus I can spare me the "drama".