Today's training

There's a "funny rumour" over at FF that we've actually cancelled yesterday's training because there were signing talks with Kris Boyd and Ryan Stevenson ... and before you jump on me, it was essentially just that, a "funny rumour".

Anyway, Jela's our price asset and we will not risk him should a real offer has been made by now. You know, the silly season is officially open in 9 to 10 hours, depending on where you are.

I'll be genuinely stunned if we retain Jelavic. Frankly I'd rather he left because his heart is not in it any more and he clearly wants to realise his dream of the EPL. And it will give us a nice wad of cash.

Papac wasn't in any of the photos either. They're pals, so maybe they're both away somewhere for a New Year party or something.

:D

That sounds like a twee idea to me. Their professional footballers. Professional sports people often don't get to celebtrate NY or xmas like we do. Perhaps they were both carrying knocks that meant they didn't train. But i'd be surprised if they missed training for a party. It may be something less sinister than joining another team but I dont think its because of their social calendar.

:D

That sounds like a twee idea to me. Their professional footballers. Professional sports people often don't get to celebtrate NY or xmas like we do. Perhaps they were both carrying knocks that meant they didn't train. But i'd be surprised if they missed training for a party. It may be something less sinister than joining another team but I dont think its because of their social calendar.

I think the most likely thing is that they simply both asked to get away early to go and be with their families for New Year. It's a bit of a coincidence that the two buddies were missing (or appeared to be), but as you say, it could just be that they both took knocks and were rested from training. The only other player who I didn't see in the Vass photos was Bendikson.

Edited by Zappa
typo