Trialists In Saints Win

Approx £15,000 -£17,000 a week. Between Beattie, Weir and Healy, all of whom they tried to shift in the summer, the total was £50,000/week.

Thats ridiculous wages, no wonder we have been wanting wages dropped. Thought Weir wouldn't have been on no more than £12k a week. Beattie was a total waste and I thought he was close to £20k a week. Healy must be on a stupid wage as well that pisses me right off.

You'd like to think the fans deserve to know how these players got on. The club don't need to go into any great detail but I'd like to know a bit more than "showed some nice touches".

Your complaining that not enough info is coming out about these guys....yet folk complain when too much info comes out about targets - which these guys are!!!

What would folk say if a full detailed report was published midway through their trial, which was read by another club, who come in and offer a better contract???

We might have a better idea if anyone was actually allowed in. We will have to wait until a game is arranged is some far flung place before we are allowed to see the fringe players. I remember when your season ticket got you into reserve games.

Since the start of this season all bounce games involving fringe players, wether there are trialists playing or not, have been deemed closed doors, not even parents of the players are allowed in. I tend not to go to many of these games but a handful of others ( and players parents) do. Considering I could watch these players at Corby, Fleetwood, New St.Mirren Park and Hamburg I think it is pretty pathetic.

I think the point of a closed doors game is that what happens inside is private and you then give as much info as you feel is right for the circumstances.

Negotiations are usually delicate and there are rival bids to be concerned about. You also don't want to give too much away as the fans reaction could influence things.

You'd like to know more, I know I'd like to know more, but I also accept that it does no good to be shouting from the rooftops about trialists that might never even become players.

I was thinking that this is all just a cover for us having no intention of signing anyone and to look like we're doing something. I'm now thinking we will sign someone, but nothing spectacular. Sounds like these guys good be the ones!