Boyd passes on chance with Houston Dynamo

Back to point, even 5 or 6 goals from recent misses would have probably meant 9 points or more.

I hate this point because the same could be said for Celtic. If they had scored 3 or 4 more goals then they could be 6 or 7 points better off.

Aye Gazza - point taken Both are true.

However, they've been winning. We've been dropping points by the odd goal (or two).

Point I was making is that it wouldn't have taken that many goals from us to have made a big difference in points. Take Saturday against the sheep as a good example.

Edited by bluebear54

Aye Gazza - point taken Both are true.

However, they've been winning. We've been dropping points by the odd goal (or two).

Point I was making is that it wouldn't have taken that many goals from us to have made a big difference in points. Take Saturady against the sheep as a good example.

They weren't winning 3 or 4 months ago.

DEREK McINNES could offer fellow ex-Ranger Kris Boyd a return to English football.

The Bristol City boss is set to lose striker Nicky Maynard to Wigan.

Boyd, who quit Turkish side Eskisehirspor last month, is being lined up as his replacement.

Boyd has been offered a megabucks deal with MLS outfit Houston Dynamo but McInnes could be ready to offer him a lucrative move closer to home.

Any deal would hinge on contract rebel Maynard, with Premier League strugglers Wigan being granted permission to talk to the striker yesterday.

His exit would pave the way for McInnes to offer Boyd a deal to try his luck in the Championship for a second time after he KO'd a move to the States.

SunSport revealed this month a deal to the MLS was on the cards, with Houston understood to have offered him an eye-watering $1.3m.

Houston boss Dominic Kinnear admitted: "We tried our best to bring him here. Unfortunately I think the move was just something he didn't want to do in his career right now, but I can't fault us in being very aggressive in our approach to sign him.

"Boyd's a player who scores goals and everyone I talk to in Britain was very complimentary about the way he goes about his business in scoring goals.

"That's what you need and to add an experienced scorer would be good for the team."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4083980/McInnes-in-move-for-Boyd.html#ixzz1kRwSMUBE