SFA Investigation

The Scottish Football Association are to conduct an investigation into Rangers over a "number of potential breaches" of the governing body's articles of association.

A statement read: "The Scottish FA can today confirm its intention to conduct a full independent inquiry into the activities of Rangers FC and, specifically, a number of potential breaches of the Scottish FAâ??s Articles of Association.

"We are concerned by the developing situation at the club and the new information that has come to light since the appointment of the club administrators, Duff and Phelps.

"The chairman and his panel will be briefed by the chief executive, Stewart Regan, next week and will consult further with the administrators, Duff and Phelps, as part of their inquiry.

"We have been guaranteed full co-operation by Paul Clark, representing the company.

"The Scottish FAâ??s previous efforts in obtaining information relevant to the Fit and Proper Person requirement has been restricted by the club's solicitors' continued failure to share information in a timely or detailed manner.

"We now feel there is no option but to undertake an independent inquiry to establish the clear facts and to determine the extent of any possible rules breaches."

Stewart Regan, Scottish FA chief executive, added: â??Since we have been unable to receive any detailed information requested in relation to Article 10, we feel we have no option but to appoint an independent committee to investigate a number of concerns we have raised.

â??We expect the investigation to be concluded as quickly as possible and will confirm the outcome in due course. We will be making no further comment on the investigation in the meantime.

â??Finally, I would like to reiterate the need to learn the lessons from this unedifying episode. It is essential that we work together to improve the overall sustainability and competitiveness of the game in this country.

"This is a matter that the Scottish FA is already in discussions with the relevant league bodies to address.�

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottis...investigation/

Now, earlier today, I made a flippant comment about this being an attempt by the SFA to cover arse. After having read this, I'm not too sure now.

Having looked, I can see no mention of investigating Whyte - I can only see mention of investigating Rangers.

I dearly hope that this is not a Liewell inspired attempt to better his club's chances at our expense.

IMO the SFA should be investigating the takeover and what they missed through inadequacy. This, however, stinks of another attempt by Celtic to gain an upper hand - possibly with further long-reaching punishment for the club as a result.

Somebody please calm me down, but my spidey senses are tingling.

Apart from anything else, I don't think the SFA have the competence to complete a balanced investigation.

However, if they want to get dragged into this, then, in my book, bring them on. This whole saga will end up having huge repercussions and the more that fall off the coconut shy, the better.

We - as a support - however, need to get our act together pronto. CW won't be defending us, there's nobody else within the Club's structural management, and the admin team will not give two hoots about how fairly or not the SFA deal with us. It's outwith their remit.

Think we need to ask questions about the SFA incompetence in vetting CW in the first place.

In my book, if they had done their job properly, we wouldn't be in this place.

Wouldn't mind a good QC like DF at a time like this.

Edited by bluebear54

One thing is certain here,Liewell has a very powerful position within the SFA and his influence over his puppet Regan is undoubted,so we can safely say that if there is anything Liewell can do, using his position, to harm Rangers FC he will do it.

One thing is certain here,Liewell has a very powerful position within the SFA and his influence over his puppet Regan is undoubted,so we can safely say that if there is anything Liewell can do, using his position, to harm Rangers FC he will do it.

Hi Ian - this is what worries me. I try to balance my thoughts by looking at as much evidence as possible. But I seem to come back to the same conclusion.

I'd like some thoughts on my comments re:- "We - as a support - however, need to get our act together pronto. CW won't be defending us, there's nobody else within the Club's structural management, and the admin team will not give two hoots about how fairly or not the SFA deal with us. It's outwith their remit."

Well if they do find us guilty of any wrong doing we should hope that they will only censure us, as opposed to any other more draconian punishments. Mainly because of their own incompetence at checking out Whyte in the first place, and to avoid any bad feeling of why a septic man can be any part of any restrictive punishment set on us.

Well if they do find us guilty of any wrong doing we should hope that they will only censure us, as opposed to any other more draconian punishments. Mainly because of their own incompetence at checking out Whyte in the first place, and to avoid any bad feeling of why a septic man can be any part of any restrictive punishment set on us.

With regards to the SFA and the SPL, I don't foresee any lenient bending of the rules as far as we're concerned. Instead, my senses tell me this might end up being a 15 points per season or "out of Europe" solution in the interests of the Corinthian spirit of course.

I'm very wary that we are "unprotected" at present with no real possibility of response from our corporate side.

We need a response - the SFA statement is one of intent - make no mistake.

With regards to the SFA and the SPL, I don't foresee any lenient bending of the rules as far as we're concerned. Instead, my senses tell me this might end up being a 15 points per season or "out of Europe" solution in the interests of the Corinthian spirit of course.

I'm very wary that we are "unprotected" at present with no real possibility of response from our corporate side.

Either of these scenarios is exactly what Liewell and his puppet Regan will be trying to implement,Liewell won't settle for anything less than cripling Rangers as a club.

What are the actual rules?

Of course I'm sure Liewell and Riley are rewriting them as we speak. Regan and the SFA need to be very careful what they get up to here if they overstep the mark because of Liewells whispers in his ear it could get very messy.

Quote - What are the actual rules?

Well, that depends on what day it is. SFA (and SFL) are a farce, and it's really about time we had a proper audit of the lot of them.

my opinion says time for a parliamenary inquiry, if not a full blown independent one.

Internal SFA and SPL inquiries are laughable in their scope, competence and partiality.

At the end of the day, people like you and I are paying the wages for these people, without actually having a voice in how they behave.

Times are changing, the time is ripe for change.

Let's do something.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same things here, but I was talking about todays inquiry. It tells you at the bottom of this link what they can do.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17079011

There's so much that everyone and his dog can do to us it seems, but this is for todays developements, I thought that was what the thread was about?