SFA Investigation

I hope it doesn't happen but if the tims can only win Championships by Rangers getting 15 point penalties for 3 years then let them have their super 3 in a row. The fucking idiots don't realise that without competition in the Scottish competition they will be fucked out of Europe without earning a penny.

Dutchy - as far as I recall, the SFA already announced in December that they were investigating Craig Whyte. They have now, however announced that they are investigating RFC - not specifically Craig Whyte. I'm not aware that they started that investigation into CW, never mind finished it. I'm also not aware that they have made any statement on any outcome. Would this infer that they have an ongoing investigation in to Craig Whyte and now have launched an inquiry into RFC also? They certainly haven't made this clear and that's one thing that intigues me. Historically, the SFA's deliberations and machinations have not filled me with optimism.

The point I was making is that that there is a question of gross negligence on the part of the SFA in not having approved Craig Whyte as a fit and proper person at the outset when he was intending to take control of Rangers.

The main worry I am expressing is that RFC may be getting stitched up in a time of extreme weakness.

At the time that the SFA announced that they were investgating Craig Whyte (December), Ronald Regan was quoted as saying "We have been in dialogue with the club on this matter and in light of today's developments have requested clarification by return. The governing body's articles of association state that office bearers with their football clubs must meet their board's fit and proper criteria. The SFA board reserves the right to make such a judgement after due consideration of all relevant facts.

Asked if it was the SFA's duty to check such matters when a person takes over a football club, Regan responded "Every club in Scotland supplies an official return and by supplying that official return they are effectively signing up to the articles of the Scottish FA. The rules and regulations are laid out very clearly as to what is and what isn't allowed as far as company directors are concerned. Given that clubs are changing their directors and people are coming and going every day, it's impossible for the Scottish FA to investigate every single person across every professional club in Scotland. So by signing up to the official return they are binding themselves to the articles of the Association. When anything happens to indicate that a breach of those articles has taken place, that is the point at which the Association gets involved."

Makes me wonder why we need an SFA in the first place. I could carry out that role with a staff of between zero and one.

I have to say that it is all very confusing and the December annoucement gave me the impression that is was more of a chit-chat than any official.

Statement you quote about them talking about rules and regulations being considered as being kosha(!) once someone signs up as a director/owner tells me that the SFA are trying to cover their own arses for their own lacadasical attitude.

Overall, their attitude and style adds to confusion and journos interpretations add to the worry and confusion as I'm not sure that they understand whats going on either.

This is a mess and I'm hoping for a turnaround in at least our home form until the end of the season. It's very important we close the gap in the title race, even if most consider it to be over already, just for some peace of mind, if not a 4th in a row.

One thing is certain here,Liewell has a very powerful position within the SFA and his influence over his puppet Regan is undoubted,so we can safely say that if there is anything Liewell can do, using his position, to harm Rangers FC he will do it.

You better believe it.

One thing is certain here,Liewell has a very powerful position within the SFA and his influence over his puppet Regan is undoubted,so we can safely say that if there is anything Liewell can do, using his position, to harm Rangers FC he will do it.

Agreed that Liewell has a very powerful position within the SFA. However, if you were Regan, would you want CW having an influential position in the SFA? I've never shaken hands with the man, but if I did, I would count my fingers afterwards.

However, point take about us being marginalised. I don't for one moment see any reason why GS or someone else could have been a representative. The past couple of years have effectively seen a coup d'etat with regards to the SFA and the SPL. They have been very effective at chipping away at the fabric of the governance bodies and ensuring that they have a a major influence.

The repercussions are very sinister and we are only now seeing these panning out. Corinthian spirit my arse.

This is the panel that will investigate Rangers.

Lord Nimmo Smith, who was one of the five judges in Abdelbaset al-Megrahi’s failed appeal against his conviction, will head an independent panel which will investigate possible breaches of the SFA’s Articles of Association.

The panel will also include Professor Niall Lothian OBE, a Past President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland, Bob Downes, former Director with the BT Group and currently Deputy Chairman of the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency, and current SFA chief executive Stewart Regan.

And what will the Chairman of SEPA bring to the table? Is he there to make it a watertight case?Wonder how much this is costing? Then I ask why such an unprecedented gathering.

I'll bet the role of the SFA in this is not within the remit - nor any consideration of whether the SFA have been negligent in their duty.

I think this needs to be investigated at a higher level than the SFA and I think their role in this should be within the remit of that inquiry.