if the worst comes

No chance. English clubs have made it perfectly clear that they do not want us. Or, to be more precise, they don't want celtic and associated baggage. If somehow we were able to get in - at whatever level - the pond scrapings would start to whine that they should be there as well and, with Liewell and his pocket puppet Regan screaming like a spoilt wean, it would more than likely scupper whatever chance we had.

No chance. English clubs have made it perfectly clear that they do not want us. Or, to be more precise, they don't want celtic and associated baggage. If somehow we were able to get in - at whatever level - the pond scrapings would start to whine that they should be there as well and, with Liewell and his pocket puppet Regan screaming like a spoilt wean, it would more than likely scupper whatever chance we had.

Kenzie - let's take a possible scenario (which is the latest win-win being bandied about on pond-life forums and by pond-life spokesmen)

Rangers are granted permission to stay within the SPL but with punitive sanctions which would essentially dilute their competiveness for five years or so. Surely, in such a scenario, RFC have the option of saying either "Yes - we accept that" or "No way Jose, we'll do something else."

In that kind of situation, Rangers could look into all their other options. It might just be my opinion, but I would lose all faith if we allowed CFC, SFA, SPL et al to keep us in the SPL for their financial benefit while ensuring that we are a diluted force.

I would rather stick hot needles in my eyes in the 3rd division or at the lowest levels in Englandshire - and ensure we keep capacity crowds.

Kenzie - let's take a possible scenario (which is the latest win-win being bandied about on pond-life forums and by pond-life spokesmen)

Rangers are granted permission to stay within the SPL but with punitive sanctions which would essentially dilute their competiveness for five years or so. Surely, in such a scenario, RFC have the option of saying either "Yes - we accept that" or "No way Jose, we'll do something else."

In that kind of situation, Rangers could look into all their other options. It might just be my opinion, but I would lose all faith if we allowed CFC, SFA, SPL et al to keep us in the SPL for their financial benefit while ensuring that we are a diluted force.

I would rather stick hot needles in my eyes in the 3rd division or at the lowest levels in Englandshire - and ensure we keep capacity crowds.

We aren't going to England, no matter how much I would love it. if it was going to happen it would have happened 10-15 years ago.

On the issue of reinstatement to the SPL, I guess I could accept a penalty for one year but anything more than that is just punitive and I'd be happy go go in lower down.

We aren't going to England, no matter how much I would love it. if it was going to happen it would have happened 10-15 years ago.

On the issue of reinstatement to the SPL, I guess I could accept a penalty for one year but anything more than that is just punitive and I'd be happy go go in lower down.

In either scenario of going elsewhere, it would be crucial that we keep the same kind of support that we had yesterday. We would have to play to the "hard done by" card and ask the fans to support us like never before.

Either situation is not entirely without merit. We might be forced to finally make Auchehowie come good, regularly producing some hot young guns, bleeding them early, and getting top dollar for them when we move them on.

One piece of pure magic would be to leave that bitter twisted lot behind and let them concentrate on their own demise.

No matter what happens in the coming months, the need for all the fan groups to unite is paramount. I still see no evidence of that - I may be wrong. Still think we're seeing power struggles and individual agendas being played out.

Edited by bluebear54

With regard to the 'they don't want us' argument, every time we've talked about moving to the English leagues we've been told that "you'd have to start at the bottom and work your way up". We've never actually offered to do just that so we've never had a response from them as to whether that would appeal to them. I would have thought the lower league clubs would be delighted to have a rangers in their midst to up the interest in their division.

All hypothetical of course but a welcome diversion from the real world eh? :-)

Gingerger: As you were the one that brought politics into the debate, and dictitorial politics at that, I don't see any problem with mentioning them as well. Besides what other people have said and thought, not forgetting the propaganda war that is currently going on between unionists and independance, it may be better for you to tell us what you actually think! I've said my bit and I also said that it's politicians that need to be kept an eye on.

It seems to me that English football does not want us, or we would be there by now, out of our little pond and into the bigger pond.

Dutchy: As you say, you've said your bit but unfortunately what you've said makes little sense and doesn't actually even relate to what I was talking about, i.e. attempting to enter English football at the lowest level. You also made a sweeping statement about my political position which had no basis whatever in what I had written. I think perhaps you had me mixed up with someone else? If so i'll put it to bed now. If not please explain how you came to believe that I think that everybody who disagrees with my political views is an extemist.

For the record on my politics since you've asked, I'm a Scot with an English mother and therefore a large English family contingent. I'm therefore almost bound to be a scottish unionist, however, irrespective of that natural inclination I still believe Mr Salmond to be the most insidious threat to our way of life for a couple of generations and not just for his independence obsession. If he gets his way in less than ten years we will be using the unwanted Euro with no defence or decent power generation industry whilst importing electricity from 'foreign' England. Fortunately i'll be living in california by then if all goes well ;-)

If we did start in the lowest league though we would have to cut our cloth to suit. You cannot go into the lowest league with million pound players. We would have to have players always just good enough to win the league and with that also comes the danger they may not win it.

If we did start in the lowest league though we would have to cut our cloth to suit. You cannot go into the lowest league with million pound players. We would have to have players always just good enough to win the league and with that also comes the danger they may not win it.

Totally agree pete and that would be one of the major problems. Whenever this subject gets discussed there always seems to be some people who think we'd just strole up through the English leagues and be in the EPL in no time at all. That's absolutely possible obviously as various clubs have shown down there throughout the years, but it's not a common thing to happen by any means. Being realistic, I think we'd need to account for it taking 5 years absolute minimum to work our way up, but potentially far longer.