Donations Not Necessary

Article lifted from FF:

Fans are understandably nervous about the future, but at this time donations are not the answer.

If you want to help Rangers - buy something - get tickets, treat yourself to hospitality, buy a Rising Stars ticket or get into the megastore at Ibrox.

In discussions with the administrators the Rangers Supporters Assembly has been give this advice:-

� The current running costs mean the Club is losing around £1m per month so the cuts that need to be announced will seem severe.

â?¢ The final details of the cuts to players and staff have not been agreed but are in the ballpark reported in the press.

� There is around £4m in the Collier Bristow accounts which has now been frozen - they will need a further Court hearing to decide how much of it the Club receives.

â?¢ The Administrators do not favour taking fans' money now because of problems attributing it to specific costs - it's a legal minefield and would take up a lot of resource.

â?¢ They have a timetable for interested parties to sort out the genuine bids by 16 March - still a fair bit of interest.

Just handing over cash to the administrators is lunacy. Every other set of fans who have been in our position say - â??Get tickets or shares for your money, donâ??t just hand it over with no strings attached.â?

It will not save the club.

There is no need to do it.

It will not save the club.

In talks with the administrators they have said they do not need it.

If Craig Whyte is charge you are throwing your money down a black hole.

What will save the club long-term is a massive cash injection via a share issue to the fans once the control of the club has been taken away from the kamikaze pilot. Save your big money for then.

Is this suggestion from ff to keep our cash to support a p murray takeover/share offer?

I reply with a quote from above:

In discussions with the administrators the Rangers Supporters Assembly has been give this advice

If someone could start a share issue, I am pretty sure the money would be provided by either rich people, many not so rich people, or both.

I'd assume that the "liquidation stuff" is being whipped up by the HHs, by assuming that the administrator's "deadline" for people coming forward (March 16th) is when the curtain will fall. A neat assumption, but no more than that. Whereas above, the admins say that if some money raising is being made, it should be done when it is clear where the money is going, by whom it will be distributed, and to which sensible end. Going by the responses to the various fan initiatives, they clearly see that there is a will to pay to save the club.

I'm confused.

1. "If Craig Whyte is charge you are throwing your money down a black hole." If that's the case then why are they encouraging to "get tickets, treat yourself to hospitality, buy a Rising Stars ticket or get into the megastore at Ibrox"? Is that not throwing money down a black hole?

2. "get into the megastore at Ibrox" - does this not just end up giving cash to JJB?

3. "There is no need to do it." - What was I worried about? No redundancies then?

4. "The Administrators do not favour taking fans' money now because of problems attributing it to specific costs - it's a legal minefield and would take up a lot of resource." - OK, fair enough, but it'd take no time to set up somethimng (on-line rising stars, for example) where bears coul stick in some money that would help the club in the present and could easily be attributed to specific costs. Surely it's not rocket science?

5. "What will save the club long-term is a massive cash injection via a share issue to the fans once the control of the club has been taken away from the kamikaze pilot. Save your big money for then." - should I buy a ticket for today's game or not? Fans are wanting to stick in their £10s and £20s now but it seems it's not wanted by either the administrators or the fans groups.

6. "What will save the club long-term is a massive cash injection via a share issue to the fans once the control of the club has been taken away from the kamikaze pilot. Save your big money for then." - there is absolutely no guarantee that there will be a share issue as Whyte may still own the club and any new owner may not have a share issue.

I just hope that a refusal to get cash into the club now will not be regretted at a later date.

Edited by Bluedell

Guest Dutchy

Whyte is the worse type of businessman to be involved with football. Basically, he's an asset stripper and he tries every dodge available to him to make his own self a fortune. He's certainly not spent any money on Rangers.

But that's purely my own opinion, as regards businessmen in football.

''I'm confused''

Ditto.

The Save Rangers site was posted on the many Rangers forums, on a wave of enthusiasm. I pledged my 1k with the hope that it would quickly become an donation to help my club survive the horrendous lingering death it is currently going through. But now i'm being told in other forums that my donation is not now needed. But rather keep it for a rainy day to buy shares in some 'new co' owned by who knows who? Will the supporters be in the driving seat of this new co, indeed will we be even invited to the party, never mind being on any future board. I feel i have been let down again by having my aspirations and dream's of supporter representation or even part ownership shattered.

One thing that continues to baffle me is why he would be out to put (as is being projected all over the place) our club into liquidation? Yes, we would be rid of HMRCs cases and claims. Yes, we would be rid of the 18m debt or the Ticketus deal.

BUT ... the club would most likely start in the 3rd tier of Scottish football*. That means at least 4 seasons out of Europe (no income from that direction), gate receipts will most likely drop as attendance figures will go down by the tens of thousands (maybe not instantly, but I reckon the attendence when Rangers maul a 2nd division side for the 20th time a season will not top 20k), TV income will be ridiculously low, investment from other companies too. So who would by this football club from him or who expect that he will invest any sort of money into such a team. Likewise, he could just take his money and invest in Clyde FC for the next 4 years. On a sidenote, would there be any people willing to actually buy Ibrox ( listed place, unless I am mistaken), Murray Park et al?

This doesn't match up.

*Going by standard procedures and the open hatred the scum continuously show (stripping of titles, 15-point deductions for years to come et al), we most likely won't be reinstated into the SPL instantly. That SPL TV deals are being ripped up and other income from fans going to the various stadiums all over Scotland will cease does not interest them. They want to see us going down into the abyss much more than realizing that they and the rest of the SPL will follow suit.

Edited by der Berliner