SPL clubs drawing up blueprint of financial penalties and points for Rangers

All this talk of draconian action is just unactionable.

Cast your mind back to when the talk was all about a bigger top league. The SPL chairmen would not vote for it as they need the Rangers support to attend their grounds twice a season to survive.

There is not a chance in hell that the other SPL chairmen will vote for any draconian measures that would see the Rangers relegated to another league.

What we must also remember is that our administration has been caused by non-payment of PAYE and VAT that has been accrued THIS SEASON. Until the "big tax case" finds against us and hits us with an unpayable bill, we are in no worse position than any other club in the league, ie in big debt.

It was Whyte's choice to take us into administration rather than raise the cash to pay for this seasons loss, or do a deal with creditors to pay them over time. Yes, he inherited a mess from the bastard Murray, but we must not let our enemies tell us that this is all about the NIAR era, or the last 3IAR titles etc, because quite simply it is not.

At least he says this:

Yorkston, speaking prior to his attendance at an SPL general meeting over a change on rules to financial fair play, says a Rangers which survives should not be hit with any further sanctions.

At least he says this:

I understand what he's saying through out the article. The way i've picked up the liquidation issue is it's not likely to happen, because the admin guys have said so. Surely they wouldn't lie?

I understand what he's saying through out the article. The way i've picked up the liquidation issue is it's not likely to happen, because the admin guys have said so. Surely they wouldn't lie?

Well hopefully. My understanding is currently they cannot give guarantees. There have been no official cost savings undertaken as yet so they haven't been able to say one way or the other. I've felt they've been kind of open and appear to understand the importance of giving information in this Admin. They also seem to put out releases quickly to quash/confirm rumours which I quite like.

I've posted this on my FB page

Ive been thinking about this all day. The people that we have to trust and have got to be trustworthy are the administrators rite? Well, as far as i've read they have said the likelihood of liquidation is unlikely, possible, but unlikely or have i read it wrong??

I know other clubs fans are "experts" on administration and liquidation and everything else around our club, and Rangers fans are believing them, why?

Why would the administration team tell lies? it is not productive and it will look bad on them if they've said we're not likely to go into liquidation, they will have people watching them from with in their profession and if we do liquidize it looks bad on them. I honestly don;t think they would sugar coat this subject. If we were gonna be liquidised they would have said something along the lines of"Rangers fans need to prepare themselves for liquidation, it's a big probability"

If anyone else has read it different from me, i'd love you to point out anything wrong in what i've said. (i mean that nicely not in the snidey way it looks as i am very open to be educated on this matter)

I've posted this on my FB page

Ive been thinking about this all day. The people that we have to trust and have got to be trustworthy are the administrators rite? Well, as far as i've read they have said the likelihood of liquidation is unlikely, possible, but unlikely or have i read it wrong??

I know other clubs fans are "experts" on administration and liquidation and everything else around our club, and Rangers fans are believing them, why?

Why would the administration team tell lies? it is not productive and it will look bad on them if they've said we're not likely to go into liquidation, they will have people watching them from with in their profession and if we do liquidize it looks bad on them. I honestly don;t think they would sugar coat this subject. If we were gonna be liquidised they would have said something along the lines of"Rangers fans need to prepare themselves for liquidation, it's a big probability"

If anyone else has read it different from me, i'd love you to point out anything wrong in what i've said. (i mean that nicely not in the snidey way it looks as i am very open to be educated on this matter)

I think what you've said is reasonable (apart from the bit about being "liquidised", it's liquidated, mate :D) and I hope that you're right.

However, are the comments from the administrators in the same vein as "of course we are confident we will win the big tax case"? You have to keep coming up with a positive message? I don't know the answer to that.

We as supporters obviously don't want liquidated but do any potential buyers of the club share that view or would it suit them better for us to be liquidated? The financial side would generally be upmost in their minds.

There are some signs, such as the delay in redundancies, that suggest that liquidation may be the end game. Many will interpret these signs in different ways. My personal view is that it's a lot more likely than the administrators are suggesting based on a number of different factors, but I really hope I'm wrong.

I think what you've said is reasonable (apart from the bit about being "liquidised", it's liquidated, mate :D) and I hope that you're right.

However, are the comments from the administrators in the same vein as "of course we are confident we will win the big tax case"? You have to keep coming up with a positive message? I don't know the answer to that.

We as supporters obviously don't want liquidated but do any potential buyers of the club share that view or would it suit them better for us to be liquidated? The financial side would generally be upmost in their minds.

There are some signs, such as the delay in redundancies, that suggest that liquidation may be the end game. Many will interpret these signs in different ways. My personal view is that it's a lot more likely than the administrators are suggesting based on a number of different factors, but I really hope I'm wrong.

Cheers for the spell correction. I normally hate them but that was actually needed :D

I read the delay opposite to you, but i'd never really read it the way you put it and that does make a lot of sense.

Do you mind if i post this reply on my FB page i'll make sure and quite you and Rangers Media

Cheers for the spell correction. I normally hate them but that was actually needed :D

I read the delay opposite to you, but i'd never really read it the way you put it and that does make a lot of sense.

Do you mind if i post this reply on my FB page i'll make sure and quite you and Rangers Media

Gersnet and not RM if you don't mind! :D