Here's a blog type thing i just put together

This is the one and only time i will talk about CFC and their issues.

We have seen our club and fans come under attack from many angles these last few weeks, you could say it's self inflicted and no ones making but our own? I don't, we were conned and many of us, myself included were sucked in. from the DM era till 2 weeks ago

Anyway i see many fans saying "Lets start again in Division 3 of the Scottish football league" so to show the other teams how much they actually DO need us

In principle this sounds great, a great big V sign to everyone, especially those from CFC who have, as usual, conducted themselves "in the Celtic way", which is with outright unprofessionalism, no class, no dignity and down right stupidity if i'm honest.

They do need us and we do need them, as does the whole of Scottish football from grass roots up.

We're the biggest team, have the biggest support and as we, and the rest of the footballing World know are the most successful football team in the World. That won't change any time soon.

Now, if we go down to Div 3 in Scotland, what SPL will we return to? I think it would cripple it beyond repair. The Chances are CFC would win the league at a canter. I think we would loose our Champions league places and a Europa cup place. The standard of players at CFC would drop considerably too which would effect us too. The league would be like the Welsh or Irish league in the end. The Kilmarnocks etc would probably go out of business too

The issue of Rangers and CFC going into the EPL comes up regularly. The other clubs, especially those in the lowers leagues rightly say, ”If you want to go into the EPL you have to start at the bottom “(Div 2)

WELL NOW’S OUR CHANCE

What biggest “get it right round yie” could there be to our haters. The carrot at the end of the stick is EPL football, something we would all love. We are not guaranteed to fly up the leagues either, but by Christ it would be some adventure to go to these games. I doubt it would be long before we did have a genuinely rich big investor come in and buy us too.They have two Welsh teams in the English professional game so it would be very hard for any lawyers to argue against us getting in there

We all need to calm down and think before we speak on this subject. I for one, want us to go to England, not Scotland.

What this last few weeks has shown to us is the shadow we cast over EVERYONE in Scottish football is a LOT bigger than we thought it was, I’m actually flattered by that

Pedantic point but there are three Welsh clubs in the FA, PL and FL (I think you've forgotten Wrexham) which strictly speaking could be argued is not an English set-up. It's the Football League, the Premier League and the Football Association - no mention of England as the FA originally had Welsh and Scottish Clubs - including Rangers.

As such there is plenty of argument to give to UEFA to REJOIN a different association in what is still the same country. Scottish independence could bugger that up though...

I would be 100% behind making a new home in the lower leagues in England. We will never get another chance to escape the cesspit that is Scottish football and leave the hatred from Celtic minded people behind with it.

The big question is where we would be allowed to start, League 2? Blue Square? If it took 10 years to get to the top flight it would be worth it for me. Knowing our luck we'd make it to the EPl just as Sky pulled the plug!

Guest Dutchy

Well I don't agree we should go to the English league. As far as I'm concerned, we're a Scottish club and the Swansea's and Cardiff's of the English set up were allowed entrance long before the big money came into the English game, which can just as easily go out ot it. These clubs dominated there leagues and there is an allowance for clubs to join other leagues, if all members of said league agree.

Not many English clubs will agree to us joining them now, and anyway, we're a Scottish club and joining the English leagues is, to me, running away. It also stinks of failure and it should never happen.

Well I don't agree we should go to the English league. As far as I'm concerned, we're a Scottish club and the Swansea's and Cardiff's of the English set up were allowed entrance long before the big money came into the English game, which can just as easily go out ot it. These clubs dominated there leagues and there is an allowance for clubs to join other leagues, if all members of said league agree.

Not many English clubs will agree to us joining them now, and anyway, we're a Scottish club and joining the English leagues is, to me, running away. It also stinks of failure and it should never happen.

Deep down I agree with your arguments but under the circumstances both immediate and the long term effect of TV money and poor competition in Scotland means that we should maybe consider other options.

Right now I'm deeply unimpressed and in fact depressed with the lack of solidarity from the SPL and SFA which in contrast seem to be queuing up to put the boot in.

I'm fearful of what will become of our club in the next few years if our battered and injured body is left to scrabble out some kind of existence in our natural home from which we've been badly rejected, until we emerge strong again. But then there is also the slow demise of Scottish football due to the TV money mentioned so we'd still be a European minnow.

It just seems like a natural medium and long term option to join the FA - if perhaps a bit of a fantasy.

Right now it seems far more interesting to have the adventure of climbing up the leagues, hopefully to eventually join the elite and perhaps compete well there, than to watch Celtic collect title after title while we struggle to compete and get back to our previous eminence.

Even with the restoration of a duopoly, it's got to be said that the prospect of watching a two horse race until the end of time is going to become tedious and with all the water under the bridge, the animosity adds a very bitter flavour to it. Celtic have become excruciatingly twisted in the whole thing and they don't realise that even they will get bored of a one horse league as we were when we were spending loads of money on what should have been twelve in a row. But at the time we were kept interested by having the perception of a real chance of doing something on the European stage and perhaps a delusion of winning the CL. Celtic will probably dominate but without us to challenge properly and also to buoy up our coefficient, our already almost bankrupt stock in Europe will fall and fall again.

The whole thing just sends up images to me of a futuristic dystopia or post-apocalyptic wasteland.

I'm starting to think that I'd rather be watching us in the mid-table of the Championship than what has become our stale staple of bread and butter SPL fayre.

I used to scoff at the English asking when the OF would join the English league saying we didn't need them and they didn't need us. Only the latter seems to be true these days...

I have a feeling it wouldn't take much persuasion to join the Blue Square Premier league and go from there.