Am I the only one who's pissed off about Wylde & Celik?

Two promising young players.

We supposedly rejected at least one very good offer for Wylde in recent transfer windows, so the player had a transfer value for us and yet he's been allowed to leave?

I'm pissed off folks. I think the administrators should have started by releasing some of our oldest players. Those two young guys wages combined is not a large amount of money.

They asked to be released though. They weren't told to leave.

The administrators could have said no though. Wylde was worth at least £1m+ and his wages to the end of the season would only have been about 70 grand. We were offered at least a million for Wylde when he hardly had any time left on his contract, so what was he worth now with a 5 year contract?

We have to be realistic though mate, we are in administration. We would be offered pennies for any player.

I think if you look at it with ethics in mind, it makes slightly more sense. The administrators job is to save money & secure the clubs future. The players wages are the highest overheads. They have to make people redundant in most cases so if a player requests to leave then they won't, IMO CAN'T, say no to this. Their job is to secure our future, not the league. :(

Two promising young players.

We supposedly rejected at least one very good offer for Wylde in recent transfer windows, so the player had a transfer value for us and yet he's been allowed to leave?

I'm pissed off folks. I think the administrators should have started by releasing some of our oldest players. Those two young guys wages combined is not a large amount of money.

No, you aren't the only one. I am very sad as well they were the future and we let them go :(. Others sitting in with 3 months on their contract makes me even more annoyed and sad.

We have to be realistic though mate, we are in administration. We would be offered pennies for any player.

I think if you look at it with ethics in mind, it makes slightly more sense. The administrators job is to save money & secure the clubs future. The players wages are the highest overheads. They have to make people redundant in most cases so if a player requests to leave then they won't, IMO CAN'T, say no to this. Their job is to secure our future, not the league. :(

I agree with what you're saying, but allowing Wylde to leave was a false economy because his wages were very low compared to most of our first team squad and yet he was one of our top 10 most valuable assets in the squad. Makes no sense to me.

Cue Celtic picking up Wylde for hee haw and selling him for millions..... :facepalm:

We have been down to our bare bones recently and Wylde couldn't get into the team.

He still had a good sell-on value though. All we had to do was keep him, give him a few starts in big games before the end of the season and sell in the summer.