No statements from the administrators today?

... or maybe they are talking to interested parties?

If they have something to say, they will do it. I do assume though that after having stabilized the finances, they will spend most of this week talking to potential buyers and court people.

If they have something to say, they will do it. I do assume though that after having stabilized the finances, they will spend most of this week talking to potential buyers and court people.

Yes, it does look as if they're probably doing their job rather than wasting time pandering to the press.

I hope we are not paying when they are quiet.:D

Guest Dutchy

They've probably realised how hypocritical they've been after saying some bidders talk to the press and media too much.

You can be sure of one thing though, they'll get paid wahtever happens.

I think you're being unfair to the Admin. We want clarity on everything, so they give us when they feel right. Lets be honest, it's mainly one guy from a team of (???) taking 30 mins out of what's probably an 18 hour day for some of the admin guys to give the fans info.

It was over a week before they spoke to us after the first press conf and people were getting uptight. I' a firm fan of the admin team as now with hindesight they have done a great job, in my eyes anyway

While there might be no statement today, here's the gist of the current situation (acc. to the Scotsman)

Sir David Murray has apologised for selling Rangers to Craig Whyte, insisting he was â??duped.â?? Murray sold the Ibrox club to the Motherwell-born businessman last May, but the former owner has expressed his dismay at how Whyte has handled affairs, maintaining that he had no knowledge of Whyteâ??s intention to use a £24 million loan from Ticketus to fund his takeover. Murray also produced documents from Whyte and his lawyers supporting the sale, outlining details of £9.5 million being set aside for players and stadium developments, and £5 million of other working capital.

Murray has also denied any wrongdoing during his time at the club, insisting that there were no double contracts, and every player was registered correctly with the SPL. Murrayâ??s comments come in the wake of Hugh Adam, the former Rangers director, claiming that dual contracts were paid and that the club were aware of the illegitimate payments.

Meanwhile, an American investment bank has expressed definite interest in taking over the club. New York-based Fortress, who have assets totalling £27 billion, have contacted Duff and Phelps signalling their interest, which the administrators are said to be considering. Fortress join a Singapore-based consortium who are also contemplating a bid for the club, however, the Paul Murray-led Blue Knights consortium believe they are currently favourites to take over Rangers.

Paul Murrayâ??s Blue Knights consortium would need around £1000 from each fan in a plan to save the club. Murray, a former director of the club admitted there was no quick fix to the situation.

Brian Kennedy, owner of the Sale Sharks rugby club, has announced he will table a bid for the Ibrox club. Kennedy was quoted as saying â??My position is that if there is no better deal...then I will gladly do a deal to buy the club. If there is a better offer then I will gladly walk away.â?

Guest Dutchy

We can have a diffirence of opinion, and mine is administrators are all blood suckers. All of them. They exsist purely to make money out of the rotten capatilist system that is mis-managed by politicians and lawyers, usually one and the same.

Of course, it's not mis-management, it's legalised corupption, but as I say, we have differing views on these matters.

I thought I was on a football forum, but these days it all just seems to be financial bullshit we're talking about. Certainly a case of football reflecting real life, considering the state the global economy is in and the part business has had in it's downfall. And the government seem to be getting away with the claim that buisness will be all our the saviour for all of us.

It wasn't the first time around, and it won't be this time either. The sooner football in Scotland realises this, the better it will be for the game.

Or do you you think administrators should be doing thier ambulance chasing at all our clubs?

We can have a diffirence of opinion, and mine is administrators are all blood suckers. All of them. They exsist purely to make money out of the rotten capatilist system that is mis-managed by politicians and lawyers, usually one and the same.

Of course, it's not mis-management, it's legalised corupption, but as I say, we have differing views on these matters.

I thought I was on a football forum, but these days it all just seems to be financial bullshit we're talking about. Certainly a case of football reflecting real life, considering the state the global economy is in and the part business has had in it's downfall. And the government seem to be getting away with the claim that buisness will be all our the saviour for all of us.

It wasn't the first time around, and it won't be this time either. The sooner football in Scotland realises this, the better it will be for the game.

Or do you you think administrators should be doing thier ambulance chasing at all our clubs?

Your personal disdain for capitalism shines through as is your prerogative. However, there are plenty of instances where administrators have come in and actually SAVED companies, so they certainly have added value to shareholders. There have been instances where, but for administrators, companies would go bust and their shareholders would have gained nothing (and lets not forget that pension funds also invest in these companies to generate returns for us...).