FURIOUS Anthony Stokes last night accused referee Willie Collum of ROBBING Celtic of their Treble dream.

Collum snubbed desperate Hoops appeals for a penalty in the dying seconds of injury-time at Hampden.

And instead he booked Stokes for a DIVE following a last-ditch tackle by Michael Nelson.

The Irishman was about to shoot at point-blank range, with Celtic pushing for an equaliser to force at least extra-time, when Nelson slid in from behind.

Stokes fell to the ground and TV pictures appeared to show it was a STONEWALL spot-kick.

But as the Killie players held their breath, whistler Collum instead raced across and pulled out a yellow card.

Stokes had to be held back as he exploded with rage moments before Collum blew for time.

But later the still angry Celts star said: "It's a stonewall penalty as far as I'm concerned.

"Did I seek an explanation? You never get any off the refs up here — so I don't expect anything different this time.

"I just don't know how I've got booked for diving. The boy caught me. He said himself that even he couldn't understand how it wasn't a penalty. But, obviously, the ref has seen something different.

"Their defender said he caught me. I knew that myself but there is is not much I can do about it."

What Stokes can't understand is why Collum would think he'd opt for theatrics when he only had the sensational Cammy Bell to beat from barely six yards.

He said: "I was one-on-one with the keeper and I'm not on penalties. I don't take them.

"I'd have fancied my chances of scoring from where I was. I've lost the head when he's come over and shown me the card.

"As far as I was concerned, it was a stonewaller."

Team-mate Victor Wanyama — one of several Celts denied by Bell, tipping over a second-half header from the Kenyan — backed up Stokes' verdict.

He said: "We think it was a very big penalty decision because their guy didn't touch the ball.

"Everybody is disappointed we didn't get the penalty. Obviously we are going to feel cheated because it was a clear penalty."

Stokes gave credit to Bell for his display — which started after just two minutes with a one-on-one save from Gary Hooper.

He said: "Their keeper made some great saves. I thought we dominated the game and played well. But we just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net.

"We had chances from early on. Hoops had one and nine times out of ten he would put it away.

"But we kept on creating plenty of chances. Even in the second half, I thought we had sustained pressure before they went up the park and scored. You just have to congratulate Kilmarnock. At the end of the day, they are the winners and well done to them."

Stokes denied expectancy of a Treble had proved too much.

He added: "Not at all. We just approached it as we do every other game and treated it in the same manner."

Wanyama started in centre midfield but was then switched back to centre-half after 56 minutes when Neil Lennon realised Plan A was not proving very effective.

Wanyama said: "I think we could've done better, but we were also unlucky. I don't think there was any pressure affecting us.

"But Kilmarnock also did well. We were just unlucky. Today you have to give them credit. They did their best and they have won."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4203423/Stokes-blasts-whistler-Collum-over-spot-kick-flashpoint.html#ixzz1pYCcssoW

WE ALL FEEL YOUR PAIN,YOU ARE THE CHEAT:flipa:

What a wee Terrorist loving scumbag! When players say "the defender agreed with me" and it's plainly a lie they really should be up on charges! That's happening more and more and to be honest it insults the intelligence. He dived in the 0-0 game at Ibrox and has dived on plenty of occasions!

He could have stayed on his feet from what most have said so he dived.

No point in criticising Stokes or Lennon all we'll get is days of stories about how the are threatened and victimised!

Edited by A Horse With No Name

CELTIC captain Scott Brown today pointed the finger of blame at referee Willie Collum for costing his side the chance of lifting the League Cup – and ending their Treble dream.

The Parkhead club should have been awarded a gilt-edged opportunity to level the scores in stoppage time when Anthony Stokes was fouled by Kilmarnock defender Michael Nelson as he raced in on goal.

Trailing 1-0 at the time, after substitute Dieter van Tornhout had headed the Rugby Park club into an unexpected lead, Neil Lennon’s side thought they were about to be handed a lifeline when Stokes went down just as it looked like he was about to pull the trigger.

To Brown’s disbelief, the whistler failed to point to the spot and ended up booking the Irishman for diving in what was his side’s last serious opportunity to keep their treble dreams alive at Hampden Park.

The Hoops captain said: “We should have had a penalty. Everyone knew what was happening and I think their coaching staff knew as well, but the referee somehow didn’t see it. It was definitely not a dive and he has the scars to prove it.

“That would have taken it to extra-time had we scored it and we were in the driving seat at that time.”

Although Celtic weren’t at their best at the National Stadium, Neil Lennon’s side still managed to carve out far more goalscoring opportunities only to be denied by some outstanding saves from Kilmarnock keeper Cammy Bell.

The pick of the bunch was a first-half save to deny Anthony Stokes from opening the scoring with a low header and the shot-stopper also made impressive stops from Gary Hooper, Georgios Samaras, Kris Commons, Victor Wanyama as well as Brown himself.

The Parkhead midfielder added: “I think over the 90 minutes we were the better side, but their keeper played very well. We just didn’t manage to get the ball in the back of the net. But I thought we played well and kept the ball well.

“We’ve been flying recently, but we always knew it would be difficult against Kilmarnock. You have to give credit to them because they played a good game as well.

“They managed to go up the park and score and keep a clean sheet at the other end.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/scott-brown-blames-ref-willie-collum-for-celtic-s-final-defeat-1.1153866

The Hoops captain said: â??We should have had a penalty. Everyone knew what was happening and I think their coaching staff knew as well, but the referee somehow didnâ??t see it. It was definitely not a dive and he has the scars to prove it.

Scars that could have came from an earlier dive!

Stokes said the defender agreed it was a penalty and now Brown says the Coaching Staff agreed too - the penny doesn't drop with this lot as to the affect all their intimidation has had! Not only referees walking away from the game now we have opposition teams scared of saying anything that would merit a campaign from Celtic FC and their scumbag supporters!

Personally I hope the Championship One take them on - pity they can't move their fans down there too!

Edited by A Horse With No Name

The Parkhead club should have been awarded a gilt-edged opportunity to level the scores in stoppage time when Anthony Stokes was fouled by Kilmarnock defender Michael Nelson as he raced in on goal.

I can't believe this paragraph was actually printed. Fucking ridiculous.