They are not named after a place?

Correct!! Kind of hard to believe there are only 3 teams in all of the leagues that don't have any direct/indirect reference to a place/location

You can probably put in Arsenal as well as the underground station was renamed after the team rather than the other way round

Correct!! Kind of hard to believe there are only 3 teams in all of the leagues that don't have any direct/indirect reference to a place/location

You can probably put in Arsenal as well as the underground station was renamed after the team rather than the other way round

I'd thought of Arsenal and then edited my answer as they were previously known as Woolwich Arsenal and therefore did have a place in their name.

I'd also potentially throw in St Johnstone although I believe that there's a connection to an old Perth name there.

I'd thought of Arsenal and then edited my answer as they were previously known as Woolwich Arsenal and therefore did have a place in their name.

I'd also potentially throw in St Johnstone although I believe that there's a connection to an old Perth name there.

With regards to Arsenal, if the question is "what teams are not named after a place?" then they are in but if the question "What teams don't have a place in their name?" then their out. Depends how the question is worded TBH

St. Johnstone are named after the old name for Perth (Saint Jon's Toun) or somehting like that?