Brian Kennedy back in frame for Rangers takeover

BRIAN KENNEDY could be set for a dramatic return to the bidding war for Rangers.

The Edinburgh-born businessman has become increasingly concerned after his first offer for the stricken SPL champions was rejected last week.

Kennedy claimed he would not return to the negotiating table, but SunSport understands the 51-year-old is continuing to monitor the ongoing Ibrox crisis closely.

Administrators Duff & Phelps have set a Wednesday deadline for final and best bids for Gers.

Paul Murray and his Blue Knights — the men the fans have backed — are in the running along with US-based Club 9 Sports.

But it's feared the Americans could opt for liquidation if they become preferred bidders.

Kennedy is believed to be more concerned for the future of Rangers now than ever before.

The administrators are also understood to be hopeful the Sale Sharks owner will make an improved offer.

Meanwhile, Gers director Dave King does not believe Sir David Murray's claim that he was 'duped' by his successor, Craig Whyte.

King said: "I do not believe that there will be a single person in Scotland who has dealt with both gentlemen that would believe that Craig Whyte had the capacity to dupe David Murray."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4233676/Bri-back-in-frame.html#ixzz1qruxQO9l

So some insider told them that the Singapore-bid is out of the running too?

I'd assume that we will hear quite a few hysterical stories before Wednesday.

While I am at it ... and the sooner we are out of admin the better of course ... why the sudden speeding up? Like the deadline for next season - and that should be the main concern here - is days and not months away. Sure the admins do cost the club serious money, but WE want the club in safe hands first and foremost, not those offering "the next best deal" for this or that creditor.

When you have the likes of Brian Kennedy saying that TBK are the best for Rangers FC then why would they sell to Another party if they felt they were going to liquidate the club?

When you have the likes of Brian Kennedy saying that TBK are the best for Rangers FC then why would they sell to Another party if they felt they were going to liquidate the club?

Really, IMHO much of what has been written about either bid is to a large extend hearsay and assumption. And if your repeat the last time and again, in some people's minds (not least the press') this will become fact.

FACT is that we hardly know anything about either Club 9's nor the Singapore bid.

Really, IMHO much of what has been written about either bid is to a large extend hearsay and assumption. And if your repeat the last time and again, in some people's minds (not least the press') this will become fact.

FACT is that we hardly know anything about either Club 9's nor the Singapore bid.

Ma heid is mince with all this!

Lifted from FF

Message From Brian Kennedy

I spoke to BK last night and he thanks you for your messages and told me to tell you he is monitoring the situation at Ibrox closely

Dave Swanton

Twitter @swannymediaman

So some insider told them that the Singapore-bid is out of the running too?

I'd assume that we will hear quite a few hysterical stories before Wednesday.

While I am at it ... and the sooner we are out of admin the better of course ... why the sudden speeding up? Like the deadline for next season - and that should be the main concern here - is days and not months away. Sure the admins do cost the club serious money, but WE want the club in safe hands first and foremost, not those offering "the next best deal" for this or that creditor.

Maybe they know that the club playing staff will be raped if we don;t get an owner soon. The shitehawks are circling

No-one can sign a player till the transfer window opens. Circling and makeing bids for players under contracts might result in serious punishment, not least given our cicrumstances.

I for one do not believe that any of the players who accepted pay cuts for the club and fans will move anytime soon, surely not before they know the outcome of the administration process.