Fantastico! Milan Clash Raises Over £250k

ALLY McCOIST has paid an enormous tribute to the amazing Rangers fans after it was announced that a staggering £280,000 has poured into the Ibrox coffers from the Milan Legends match.

An unbelievable crowd of 47,521 came to watch the Rangers Legends take on the AC Milan Glorie - and watched the manager steal the show with the only goal.

A gala dinner at the Radisson Blu in Glasgow the night before was sold out and fans were hugely generous bidding for auction items.

The glossy souvenir match programme was completely sold out, red and black scarves sold in their thousands and RangersTV generated its greatest UK pay per view audience with live coverage of the fantastic event.

Manager McCoist said: "It just sums up the football club and the support.

"The thing that people are doing to help the club in our hour of need is truly remarkable.

"I think one of the best examples in terms of reaction was from Franco Baresi and Paolo Maldini who were genuinely taken back by the occasion and the number of fans who turned up on a Friday night.

"They were as pleased as we all were and it was a great, great night.

"I really can't thank the fans enough for their unstinting support - but it doesn't surprise because as I have said before, for me they are the best in the business."

Walter Smith, who is totally behind the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund, was back in the Rangers dug-out for the Milan match and he too was utterly thrilled by the efforts of the supporters.

He said: "The fans really are like the 12th man for Rangers - they always have been. They have helped to raise a fantastic amount of money when the club needs it most."

A number of charities have also benefitted to the tune of £170,000 from last Friday's spectacular occasion.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2723548

Without doubt our football club has the most remarkable supporters in the world and you all should give yourselves a pat on the back and stand tall and proud....

Our Supporters are the heartbeat of the club and the more we support the club the stronger that heartbeat becomes!

we simply just don't do walking away! :)