Weasel Words from O'Rourke

two things.

1) This:

The Celtic Supporters Association is non sectarian and non political in general terms; but there are times when you have stand up for your community; and one of those times is now.
is like saying, I'm not racist BUT

2)Downie is right. Separate demoniational schools DO cause issues. They do.

two things.

1) This: is like saying, I'm not racist BUT

2)Downie is right. Separate demoniational schools DO cause issues. They do.

Had a wee mate growing up who when we turned 5 and he went to the bigot factory was told by the priest and his family that he couldn't play with them anymore. See him occasionally and he's one bitter wee bastard.

Our school catchment area has TWO primary schools, one is Catholic and if my son was placed there (he's not, he's registered at a non-dom) I would object on Religious grounds. I would do the same with ANY religious school. I'm happy for my son to learn about different religions, I'm not happy for him to be told This Is How It Is.

And this is Glasgow, do not tell me that Catholic schools in Glasgow, do not contribute to the divide.

My brother in law's family are vaguely Catholic and his sister recently had twins. She had a visit from a Priest who proceeded to tell her that she was "not doing her motherly duty" if she allowed the twins to be educated anywhere other than a Catholic school. This happens routinely but the majority just fall into line with what the Priest says. Ignorance and faith go hand in hand.