Director Andrew Ellis demands a quarter of club's shares from Craig Whyte

Ellis.

I want to do what I can to make sure the best interests of Rangers are being looked after.

I would take this statement with a gigantic pinch of salt.

As most on this forum know I was the Secretary of RST at the time of Ellis' failed takeover attempt in 2010.

At the risk of boring regular readers and for the benefit of newcomers only, I can confirm that I spoke to Ellis' representative in Guernsey twice in that period and he stated that Ellis had no interest in Ranagers Football Club. It was simply "a good opportunity" that the agent in Guernsey had put to Ellis.

I find it difficult to believe that Ellis has been converted to a true believer over the past two years, it is possible, but so is our participation in Europe next season.

I took it that Ticketus has security over the Group and that this is an attempt to circumvent the possible consequences of that security?

Possibly. I had always assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the guarantees to Ticketus were not provided by Group. Surely Ticketus would not be in the position that their security could be overridden so easily if it is Group? For QWhyte's security to stand up there needs to be a verifiable debt in place and I'm not sure that it exists (despite my earlier hypothesis) and if it does then it possibly would fall down under these circumstances as you suggest.