Totally disagreed Craig. He is clearly saying someone should come in for him!

Obviously, the whole administration thing has sped up a potential sale at Ibrox, but having been a fan for many years I can’t believe nobody took a punt on Steven sooner.

Not really sure where your argument is coming from. You seem to be playing devil's advocate by suggesting Gray is only praising Naismith. But surely to Christ it's pretty clear that in doing so, he is encouraging someone to make a move.

Whether or not his saying so makes the difference as to a move being made, is not the point.

As for 'not very nice' - it's not very nice to point out how great your old club's top player is, and that given administration, it's just amazing no one's come in for him. I don't like hearing that.

As for your final point - we might feel the same thing, but we aren't in the media spotlight as a former player. He is.

tbh, and I'm not being petty, but I consider your post as much nonsense as you considered my rant on Spanish football.

It is pretty simple to me.

Andy Gray is saying nothing more than any of us feel. Naismith is a very talented player, you yourself on your blog said, rightly so, that our season fell apart when he got injured.

Do we honestly believe that the ony way the footballing world would be brought to Naismith's attention is through a somewhat discredited ex-Sky pundit ? come on Danny, we all know that what Gray is saying is what we ourselves feel.

Or are you saying that you wouldnt be surprised if nobody came in for him ? I would be incredibly surprised if nobody came in for him.

Maybe I am looking at this from a different perspective - but from where I am I find it incredible that we, as fans, should think that other clubs arent already circling Naismith regardless of what Gray says. And they will have been speaking to others with far more knowledge of the lad than Gray.

I dont think he is necessarily encouraging anyone to make a move. You think Hodgson, or anyone else for that matter, will make a move based on what Andy Gray says rather than any scouting they have done themselves ? I disagree.

You may not like hearing the "administration" angle.... but knowing you as an intelligent guy, I would be astounded if you didnt agree with him. So it is OK for us to think it but not OK for someone more public like Gray to say it ?

You are right, we arent in the media spotlight. But you honestly think a club will make a bid based on Andy Gray's input given he has only ever seen him play the same as we have (no coaching etc involvement in him) ? You think a club will make a bid without their own scouting ? I dont.

To be fair, your rant on Spanish football WAS nonsense :P - I dont take what you say as being petty, I just disagree.