Former Rangers striker Andy Gray has encouraged Premier League outfit West Brom to do everything they can to lure Steven Naismith to the club. (Evening Times)

Disgusted at Andy Gray. No true Rangers fan or ex player should be hawking our top talent to another club especially in the situation we are now in.

I actually think Naismith is one of the few who would turn down more money because of his love of Rangers. How much money he'd turn down is another thing as everyone has his price, but I feel wanting to be a Rangers player is a consideration for him.

West Brom may be doing "ok" in the EPL this season but how long will that last. Even though our league becomes less and less prestigious, I think most of us would rather be challenging for trophies every season as well as a chance of a run in Europe for the team we've loved since being a boy, than struggling to just survive relegation for a middling at best, Black Country team you've no connection to.

Given the choice, I'd also rather live around Glasgow than Birmingham for many, many reasons. And who wants their kids to grow up with a Brummy accent? ;)

I think a lot depends on who takes us over, how our finances pan out, and if we quickly get back to where we should be competitively.

Don't know why you're getting your knickers in a twist AS, players come and go all the time. Andy Gray's a knob anyway and has been for quite some time.
So, youd be quite happy to see a revolving door at Ibrox, no chance of team building, no consistency - the minute any of our youngsters turn out to be any good, see them depart for the EPL or wherever? How could we bond with a 'team'like that. Re Gray: he was supposed to be a boyhood fan.

So, youd be quite happy to see a revolving door at Ibrox, no chance of team building, no consistency - the minute any of our youngsters turn out to be any good, see them depart for the EPL or wherever? How could we bond with a 'team'like that. Re Gray: he was supposed to be a boyhood fan.

Unless someone comes in who is willing to bankroll us - you had better brace yourself! We can't afford the wage bill we have.

No, I wouldn't be happy but it'll happen. Players want to play in the EPL, it's where the big bucks are.

THE gossip columns are abound with stories of West Bromwich Albion being in the hunt for Rangers’ Steven Naismith and my advice to those making the decision at The Hawthorns would be to do whatever they can to make it reality.

I don’t think Roy Hodgson’s pursuit of the midfielder has been a secret, the Baggies have had a couple of bids for him knocked back in recent weeks. But if we are led to believe what we read then the two clubs are a lot closer to sorting something out and I, for one, think it would be a brilliant bit of business by that wily old fox Hodgson.

With Steven playing for my club Rangers, I have seen a lot of him over the years and the one thing I have never doubted is whether he could cut it in the Premier League – of course he could.

At 25 he is in his prime and he has often been Rangers’ stand-out performer, with pace up and down the wing, his direct approach play and a keen eye for goal.

article_mpuAdvertisement

Obviously, the whole administration thing has sped up a potential sale at Ibrox, but having been a fan for many years I can’t believe nobody took a punt on Steven sooner.

Not very nice from Gray tbh. For an ex player to encourage other clubs to sign our most prized asset is an astonishing comment to make.

Not very nice from Gray tbh. For an ex player to encourage other clubs to sign our most prized asset is an astonishing comment to make.

We are completely missing the point here.

Why are we getting so annoyed at Gray saying what we ALL know - Naismith is good enough to cut it in the EPL. The only thing surprising for me is that WBA are the only team, or most public, about their interest.

Do we honestly believe that EPL teams are playing their football in a bubble, ignoring everything around them ?

Do we honestly think that the only way the EPL will become aware of Naismith's ability is because an ex-Sky pundit says so ?

Get a grip folks, Andy Gray's comments are nothing more than being complimentary towards a very talented player playing for his club.

Or, are we simply glossing over Gray saying "Steven plays for my club" ? I think THAT comment says more about Gray's allegiances than him simply talking up Naismith's abilities.

Danny, what is "not very nice" about Gray's comments ? 1. He says that WBA should do whatever it takes to sign Naismith (very complimentary towards the player). 2. He calls Rangers HIS club (obviously a supporter). 3. He says there is no doubt Naismith could make it in the EPL (complimentary towards the player). 4 Says Naismith has often been our standout performer (complimenraty but something we ALL know). 5. Cant believe an EPL didnt punt on him sooner given the financial situation at Ibrox (you can bet we ALL feel that way).

Yet, for some strange reason, we are "disgusted" with Gray's comments. Why is that ? Because he is saying what we all feel ourselves ? Because we want to bury our head in the sand and hope nobodo tries to sign a player who was single-handedly winning us games and pushing us to a league title before injury? Or is it because he is highlighting something pretty much the whole of British football knows but we wanted to hope that by not mentioning it nobody would notice it ?

Sorry, but I just cant get "disgusted" at comments we all feel ourselves and/or comments which are natural. he is hardly "hawking" our talent. If you think that way then you must think we live in a bubble. The EPL would have been taking notice of Naismith a LONG time ago, not just after these comments from Gray.

Totally disagreed Craig. He is clearly saying someone should come in for him!

Obviously, the whole administration thing has sped up a potential sale at Ibrox, but having been a fan for many years I can’t believe nobody took a punt on Steven sooner.

Not really sure where your argument is coming from. You seem to be playing devil's advocate by suggesting Gray is only praising Naismith. But surely to Christ it's pretty clear that in doing so, he is encouraging someone to make a move.

Whether or not his saying so makes the difference as to a move being made, is not the point.

As for 'not very nice' - it's not very nice to point out how great your old club's top player is, and that given administration, it's just amazing no one's come in for him. I don't like hearing that.

As for your final point - we might feel the same thing, but we aren't in the media spotlight as a former player. He is.

tbh, and I'm not being petty, but I consider your post as much nonsense as you considered my rant on Spanish football.