Bill Miller as preferred bidder & the new strip - doesn't add up!!

The insolvency expert who done the q&a yesterday was asked if season tickets could be sold with all the uncertainties going on, her response was basically that the administrators couldn't take on the debt for various reasons, but the money could be held in a holding account.

This doesn't tie in with the new strip launch, given the club are taking on debt for a product which may not be relevant.

If Bill Miller, or anyone, takes over and forms a newco then all contracts with the old company are null and void. There's no contract with Umbro to male next seasons strip, no contract with JJB to sell it, no contract with Tennents to sponsor it, and hence the strip that has been launched and which the club are taking money for, and thus creating more creditors, is not next seasons strip and is being mis-sold.

So the big question is why is this strip being sold???

Could it be Duff and Phelps are playing more mind games and actually still intend to sell to TBK?

Good question mate.

Obviously the club don't make any money from selling the strip so I'd fancy although we're helping with the marketing (an obligation of the contract I'm sure), JJB and Umbro will be the ones selling it to make money.

All the more reason for them to do it now before any contract is changed or removed in the future.

But is it not Rangers who are pre-selling and taking on the debt?

I'm not sure mate. All strips are bought from JJB so we're just the middle-man I'd have thought.

JJB pay us 3 mill a season with added bonuses if sales go past a certain point, surely the newco would just pick up the same contract. It's only the toxic debt he's trying to leave behind. Umbro are no more than a sponsor they will pay Rangers a fee to make the strip with their badge on it but will keep all the profit they make from JJB when they sell to them.

The club will be contractually obliged to release the new strip at this point and therefore have to carry on as normal. They will have to do it as part of their obligation to JJB and Umbro, although they will not be getting any income directly from the sale of strips. There is no guarantee that the club will not contine in its present form and therefore haver to carry on as normal.

I disagree with MoodyBlue. The contracts cannot just be transferred to another company, and it would be standard for the contracts to specify that. Companies like Umbro and JJB may allow the assignation of the contracts on the same terms to another company, but I doubt that they would allow that. The JJB deal as it stands favours Rangers and JJB may be happy to walk away from it. Likewise Umbro and Tennants would probably want to renegotiate as a club not playing in Europe and perhaps not playing in the SPL is not going to get as much coverage and therefore is less attractive.

the strip is on sale from 24th may, if everything they've said about bill miller and the 11th may is correct then i'd assume any1 who pre-ordered would get their money back if its not the strip we're going to be wearing.

Sorry bigy - that's just not correct.

The contracts will simply be transferred. No impact.

We need to steer away from some of this hysteria.

I wouldn't say it's hysteria, it's a serious question. Would Umbro, JJB and Tennents want to transfer given they'd be under no obligation to do so, and would Miller be able to get more money elsewhere.

It's not a given that both parties will agree, and if they don't are Rangers taking on more debt by pre-selling?

I wouldn't say it's hysteria, it's a serious question. Would Umbro, JJB and Tennents want to transfer given they'd be under no obligation to do so, and would Miller be able to get more money elsewhere.

It's not a given that both parties will agree, and if they don't are Rangers taking on more debt by pre-selling?

I believe they would mate