Contracts ending this summer and which the club should try to extend this month?

there's a difference between not cutting costs and deliberately increasing them.

Agreed. My point is that we shouldn't be increasing costs, but that we need to be mindful of what we would be losing.

If we extend the contracts of Aluko, Little & possibly Kerkar - Aluko is the priority here IMO - then I would expect that to be achieved for a small to reasonable saving in wages considering that we'd be offloading Papac and Healy.

Then if, for instance, we put Lafferty up for sale we could bring in an additional £1-1.5m while reducing the wage bill by a further £1m+ p.a.

End result is that the squad size would be slightly reduced, but no fire sale and 2 or 3 players retained.

Like I say, it's all about whether the new owner wants to remain competitive.

Of the high earners Id let Whittaker, Edu and possibly Davis away. Davis blows hot and cold. On his day he is class but he doesnt perform on that level enough.

I liked Papac but Wallace should fit into the LB slot.

Healy should have been released in January.

Building a new team around Perry, Little, McCabe, Hutton, Ness and Fleck isnt too bad when fitting them in with Bocanegra, Goian, McGregor, Wallace, Naismith and Aluko. We'd soon make up any 10 pt deduction on most SPL clubs.

Out of the out-of-contract players I would keep Aluko and Little but lets not kid ourselves on - the next couple of seasons will see a massive rebuilding job at Ibrox with the big spenders leaving and youngsters coming into replace them. Short term pain for long term gain. The likes of McCabe, Ness, Hutton, Perry and others will all be given their chance to become established first teamers.

Agreed. My point is that we shouldn't be increasing costs, but that we need to be mindful of what we would be losing.

If we extend the contracts of Aluko, Little & possibly Kerkar - Aluko is the priority here IMO - then I would expect that to be achieved for a small to reasonable saving in wages considering that we'd be offloading Papac and Healy.

Then if, for instance, we put Lafferty up for sale we could bring in an additional £1-1.5m while reducing the wage bill by a further £1m+ p.a.

End result is that the squad size would be slightly reduced, but no fire sale and 2 or 3 players retained.

Like I say, it's all about whether the new owner wants to remain competitive.

I just don't believe the administrator will give out any new contracts.

your right everything will depend on the new owners ambition.