What's the story with the Azure/Elior catering contract?

Guest Guardian

Some good ideas there, especially the museum idea. The setup costs would be offset by the pub aspects.

It would all cost Rangers practically nothing to setup and it would be generating profit constantly. There could be a tour aspect and possibly a VIP type section, possibly linked to the hospitality.

I don't see how Rangers could lose.

Have a look at this .....

http://www.patriot-place.com/about.aspx

This is what the New England Patriots have created around their stadium. Not saying that we should be copy-cats but there are some ideas here. Right now, we have 50,000 people who turn up half an hour before the game and are gone within 15 minutes of the end of the game. That is a huge untapped market that we do little or nothing to attract beyond the match itself. Rangers need revenue .... well, lets start with the low-hanging fruit.

Have a look at this .....

http://www.patriot-place.com/about.aspx

This is what the New England Patriots have created around their stadium. Not saying that we should be copy-cats but there are some ideas here. Right now, we have 50,000 people who turn up half an hour before the game and are gone within 15 minutes of the end of the game. That is a huge untapped market that we do little or nothing to attract beyond the match itself. Rangers need revenue .... well, lets start with the low-hanging fruit.

A large shopping centre would be in direct competition with Braehead just along the road a couple of miles. Could be an epic failure tbh.

A large shopping centre would be in direct competition with Braehead just along the road a couple of miles. Could be an epic failure tbh.

I have been to Patriot Place. While there are some shops there, it is much more of a drinking/dining/conference venue than it is a shopping one. And it is busy on non-match days because people see it as a place to go out to.

And, as I said, it is about getting ideas from what others have done, not copying them.

I have been to Patriot Place. While there are some shops there, it is much more of a drinking/dining/conference venue than it is a shopping one. And it is busy on non-match days because people see it as a place to go out to.

There used to be something much smaller, but similar to what you're talking about at the Heizel stadium in Brussels, but it might have changed since I was last there. It was a complex right next to the stadium where there was a large cinema, bars, restaurants etc. Like the one you're talking about, it too was often busy on non-match days and evenings. Whether something like that could work at Ibrox is very hard to say. It would certainly take a massive amount of money to build any such complex and right now we just need someone with enough money to save the club itself.

There used to be something much smaller, but similar to what you're talking about at the Heizel stadium in Brussels, but it might have changed since I was last there. It was a complex right next to the stadium where there was a large cinema, bars, restaurants etc. Like the one you're talking about, it too was often busy on non-match days and evenings. Whether something like that could work at Ibrox is very hard to say. It would certainly take a massive amount of money to build any such complex and right now we just need someone with enough money to save the club itself.

I was not talking about the immediate task in hand but trying to look forward beyond that. The point I am trying to make is that historically we - and all other Scots clubs - have done a terrible job in providing quality catering and other services to our supporters and that, in my view, there is a significant and viable revenue stream to be exploited there whether the outlets are inside the stadium or outside.