Rumour - Straight £8.5m Sale of club No PB status

Not even confirmed and the usual suspects are already hoping it fails.

Is that so TBK can get in or is that cos they think it's in the best interests of Rangers.

There is no detail on this but jumping on it already is insane.

I'm no usual suspect or TBK fan. I merely want the best for RFC and I don't think Green represents that. I think all of the other three bids would be better for a variety of reasons.

Anyway, a wee update as I've been away all day:

There are still 4 bids on the table.

No-one has pulled out but all are using the uncertainty to try and make gains. Not a huge fan of TBK but presser was good idea - gained them more support and put pressure on D&P.

Nevertheless, earlier today (as I tweeted) D&P were on brink of selling club tonight. I think negative publicity has stopped that (or least delayed it). I also tweeted to apply pressure to bidders - they need to ask themselves if they want to buy or just want it to look like they want to buy.

Can some one clarify. They are going to sell for the 8.5m or have sold for 8.5m?

As of 5pm tonight, D&P were going to sell to Green et al. I'm told we've managed to change that - either via pressure on D&P or pressure on other bidders to match their £8.5million

As of 5pm tonight, D&P were going to sell to Green et al. I'm told we've managed to change that - either via pressure on D&P or pressure on other bidders to match their £8.5million

Why would Green et al. purchase without doing due diligence and especially after Miller pulled out? Do they know something we don't know? Have they been afforded preferential access by D&P?

Why would Green et al. purchase without doing due diligence and especially after Miller pulled out? Do they know something we don't know? Have they been afforded preferential access by D&P?

Really don't know mate.

Most probable reason is that D&P simply want out of Dodge asap. Accept best bid and leave them to it.

Despite TBK claims yesterday, I don't think any other bidder will know a great deal more than any other about the financial situation. Some may be happier to take a punt though.

I'm not pretending to know more than anyone else about the business aspects (I don't understand every issue) but I think we're agreed all parties continue to play poker. I find that unacceptable. Let's get on with it (but preferably with someone we can at least have a bit of faith in).

People have to ask themselves if they can trust bids (at least empirically).

1. Green/Sheppard

Not for me - no RFC influence and business record poor.

2. Ng et al

RFC board involvement and financially credible. Still plenty questions though/

3. TBK/BK

Emotionally attached but financially less than impressive.

4. Unnamed

No comment.

Looking at that very simplistic analysis, can anyone really say they want 1?

Unless we see more detail, how can we make any judgements on any of them ?

Mate, I've tried to remain neutral throughout and find it difficult to back anyone without knowing more about who is involved and what their plans are. I'd consider it daft to back anyone without knowing the full facts.

But, despite that, bidder 4 is a good one and I have my reasons for thinking they may be the best option.

In saying that, they've clearly not bid enough so we have to ask if they really want the gig. That's why I tweeted so much earlier - to ask that question.