The Return Of The War Chest!

So who are the backers, Sherlock? :D

Well the two I've mentioned don't fill me with confidence for a start but we will see, had a look at the Kuwait angle but it's a needle in a haystack. I'm sure the usual suspects will be on soon to put us all in the picture and the impending doomsday scenario.

The same Shaffield United fans who dislike Green for "selling the team" hate Mike McDonald for being a profiteer, so I don't find this encouraging.

Maybe from D&P's point of view Green's offer was unconditional, but there are a lot of worrying ifs from my point of view:

IF the transfer embargo is dropped there will be a war chest.

IF a CVA is agreed we'll have 20 rich investors.

What happens in the IF NOT scenarios?

I'm in Kuwait now. What I will say is there's some stinking rich people here. When you're in the city every few cars is a Lamborghini, Ferrari Rolls Royce etc

I know that counts for fuck all

I think there can be some compatibility between a war chest, increased ticket prices and running the club prudently.

In any business you take over it is prudent to invest immediately in the infrastructure and staff. If you bought a run down restaurant you'd refurnish and redecorate, put in a new kitchen, and bring in the standard of staff that you need for the level of food and service you want to provide. At the same time you'd plausibly put up the prices - and in the long run you'd want to be making a profit and so run a tight ship that doesn't leak money.

The initial investment is considered part of the "purchase price" and shouldn't need repeating for a long time - especially not every year. You'd just put aside money from the income the restaurant makes for maintenance and staff turnover.

A solid Rangers FC is obviously worth more than £8.5m, otherwise there would be a huge queue to buy - however, it's likely to take more than double that to make Rangers solid and sustainable. 20 investors at £1.2m sounds like it adds up to about £24m but that's just speculative arithmetic.

I would be disappointed if any new owner who paid such a low price for the club, didn't invest and I would be sceptical of them bringing decent money in and getting the club running efficiently if they didn't.

Would you buy a shabby restaurant which is making a loss and then do nothing different? Just put the prices up for the same old fare by the same old staff, in the same old shabby surroundings? That's a recipe for bankruptcy.

I think there will be investment but not stratospheric - more like the ilk we've seen in the last five years. Maybe up to £8m in a one off boost to the squad plus some renewals of contracts - most importantly Aluko's.

I think we should be more worried if their is talk of NO investment, which could spell another disaster for the club.

Well the two I've mentioned don't fill me with confidence for a start but we will see, had a look at the Kuwait angle but it's a needle in a haystack. I'm sure the usual suspects will be on soon to put us all in the picture and the impending doomsday scenario.

Just by naming one investor who would give the support confidence, would go a long way in getting the fans on board.

Just by naming one investor who would give the support confidence, would go a long way in getting the fans on board.

Agreed CB McDonald/Stretford don't do much for the confidence stakes but I'll give them time. The fact they are a small part of a bigger group will hoefully outweigh any baggage they bring to the table.

Agreed CB McDonald/Stretford don't do much for the confidence stakes but I'll give them time. The fact they are a small part of a bigger group will hoefully outweigh any baggage they bring to the table.

My worry is, if you had these kind of investors why have the wrong kind in the public eye.

My worry is, if you had these kind of investors why have the wrong kind in the public eye.

They've been through all this mate and probably have a thicker skin than somebody from the far east or Kuwait. Maybe not a bad thing to have them getting the shit chucked at them just now, or am I just clutching at straws.