Rangers 'Soccer' School

Hi all

Looking for some advice here. Has anyone put their kids through the Rangers 'Soccer' School and is it worthwhile? My youngster is a really good footballer and despite only being to Scotland once in his life, he is as passionate about Rangers as anyone on here. I was thinking of putting him into the residential camp and then taking in a match at the end of the week.

Thoughts?

What age is he ? My kid has done a..... Celtic camp :( out here in Bermuda - but they only use their community coaches.

He's 14 tomorrow and I only want him to do it if it is going to be beneficial to him. I get to London a couple of times a year on business and was in 2 minds as to see if I could get him into something similiar at West Ham or Fulham while I do the rounds at Lloyd's. Obviously, the reason for having any exposure to Rangers was in the hope that someone there sees something in him - and seeing as we can only sign under 18's, who knows!

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

He's 14 tomorrow and I only want him to do it if it is going to be beneficial to him. I get to London a couple of times a year on business and was in 2 minds as to see if I could get him into something similiar at West Ham or Fulham while I do the rounds at Lloyd's. Obviously, the reason for having any exposure to Rangers was in the hope that someone there sees something in him - and seeing as we can only sign under 18's, who knows!

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Lloyds... you in insurance then Davie ? Need an accountant ? :D

In all honesty I would suspect that you would be better taking him to Fulham or West Ham than Rangers IMO. That said, their camps will probably be similar in that they have their community coaches running them. They will, though, still keep an eye on those kids who are a cut above the rest.

Here is a link to some of the top pro sccer camps http://www.soccercampsinternational.com/home

What age is he ? My kid has done a..... Celtic camp :( out here in Bermuda - but they only use their community coaches.

You mad?......................:confused:

:smile:

Thanks Craig, I'll take a look and let you know how he gets on. Yes I am in insurance, and do a lot of work with Lloyd's.

I am in insurance too - if you ever see any decent jobs in your neck of the woods for an accountant with 13 years experience in insurance let me know :D

I am going to put my little fella in one of the European camps next year I think (he will be 8 then).

You mad?......................:confused:

:smile:

I was pretty proud of him actually Ian.... 1st day and he refused to wear anything except his Rangers strip. He walked right in, proud as punch, and introduced himself to the coaches (two young lads)..... the coach he first introduced himself to leans in close and says "dont tell anyone but I am a Bear too". He wore various Rangers strips the rest of the week :D

The coach only lasted about 2 months longer with the Tims - he HATED working with them. Both of the coaches were pretty good players to be honest. I still stay in touch with the Gers lad, he has moved to Oz to coach down there.