Hateley fears Gers exodus

Can't follow your line of thought here? Some may agree that Whyte and Rangers mean one and the same and thus they go on with this "we" stuff. But it was not US who got the club into this crisis, nor was it the players, nor the staff in general. It was less than half a dozen of people who I would not include in"we" when speaking about this institution of football. Hence I also expect the SFA and Co. should be dealing with these people first and foremost ... and their lifetime ban from holding any position in Scottish football is just laughable. Someone could ban him from entering any Tescos within Scotland to the very same effect.

If they want or need to to penalize the club, they should do it sensibly.

Exactly what did WE do wrong? What did anyone currently active at Rangers do wrong?

We're a victim of a bunch of factors all coming together:

SDM thinking that EBTs are legal and playing hard and fast with them while running Rangers at a loss and then buggering up his own companies to make them virtually insolvent.

HMRC deciding that to ignore EBTs for 15 years or so and then deciding to claim they were illegal, backdating all monies due and trebling that with interest and penalties. Refusing to do deals and making an example of Rangers. Who also threatened to appeal, appeal and appeal again making Rangers helpless to trade without eventually going into administration.

Bank of Scotland being one of the criminally greedy and incompetent banks who obviously don't understand basic finance, getting themselves into trouble, being taken over by a similarly incompetent Lloyds who couldn't actually afford to do so and who then put disproportionate pressure on a club who were paying off their debts and forcing the sale to Whyte.

A charlatan, Whyte who seen the problem of administration and decided to make some money for himself while reducing all risk for his own cash.

A greedy loan shark company, Ticketus who immorally lent Whyte the money based on season ticket sales before he bought the club, and demanded an unsustainable rate of interest.

An administration company who don't seem to be able to make headway.

A bunch of others from the SFA, SPL, other clubs, even former Rangers board members and employees who seem to do all they can to stop Rangers coming through the crisis.

A massive delay in the verdict of the EBT case.

A corrupt SFA and SPL who want to make up the rules as they go along to make sure we can't compete for years.

Etc, etc, etc.

I can see a lot of wrong doing here, but very little from "US" or Rangers FC itself.

See, those comments beneath the article are great in theory - an overhaul of the squad etc.

Problem is most Scottish youth, these days, isn't anywhere near as good as the Barry Fergusons and Alan Huttons of even recent old.

We have produced some good players, like Perry, McMillan, Ness, McCabe and maybe Little - but none of an outstanding nature who just looked like they were the stuff of the future. The only player we've produced in the last 3 years I really rated highly was Danny Wilson - and he's ended up at Blackpool after failing miserably at Pool. And even then, I still think he's the best Scottish defender around right now!

The famous examples are Man Utd and Barca - using kids who developed through their academies and became champions and world class with it. Problem is we're not Barca or Utd, our Murray Park hasn't produced enough really good players for us to be able to rely on it for the next however many years.

With only kids, we'd end up really mediocre.

It is all about realism and objectivity here. I'll happily hear your suggestions about our new team once we send this current rabble away.

Alexander

Broadfoot

Perry

Bocanegra

Wallace

Naismith

Aluko

McCabe

Ness

McCulloch

Lafferty

This team is with the 3 highest earners being sold. Davis, McGregor and Whittaker, along with the likes of Edu who wont sign a new deal and Goian who has been a liability of late. Mediocre rubbish like Little, Ortiz and Healy etc should be let go, Papac is leaving and Bartley should not be invited back. I would say that would see us posting a profit and Auchenhowie graduates filling the bench. This is where we are now. Best first 11 in the league but after that, kids.

I'd hardly call that tearing a team apart.

Your other problem will be Laff (if he stays) and Ness are going to miss half the season with injury so who is coming in.

Taking 3, arguably 4 or 5 of our most important players out any team would be seen as ripping it apart, surely?

Bedoya could step in for either, i think he deserves at least until Xmas to see if he can offer something. Like i said above, kids will most likely be our squad players next season, all over the park.