Is it Coincidence??

While we are all looking for answers as to why we cant seem to play basic football now, im looking at the patches in the last 12 months as to when we have played well domestically.

Its always been when Captain Ferguson is not playing. Now i know he wasnt playing last night but, last season For EG up at Inverness, we played them off the park with Boab Malcolm playing superbly in the holding role and the likes of Burke etc getting forward. This was a trend for a few games until Ferguson returned.

The start of this season saw us playing superb stuff in 3 of our first 4 games against Motherwell, DU and Hearts. Once again Ferguson wasnt playing.

Now BF gives all for the Gers - nobody can doubt that, but his style of play just isnt suited to allow others in the key midfield area into the game. He tries to dictate everything himself too much and takes on too much responsiblilty.

Cant blame Fergie for last nights performance. If, as you say, he stifles other midfielders then surely last night they would have been able to express themselves and get the job done!?

Rae and Clement who have barely kicked a ball recently! They werent match fit enough ao were always going to be lacking. Plus it was 4 v 2 again in midfield

Rae and Clement who have barely kicked a ball recently! They werent match fit enough ao were always going to be lacking. Plus it was 4 v 2 again in midfield

So are you saying it's the formation/system or Ferguson's stifling influence?

So are you saying it's the formation/system or Ferguson's stifling influence?

Im not blaming Fergie for last nite, im just asking if its coincidence we have played better when he wasnt in the team.

As for last nite, Rae and Clement is too weak a midfield after Clement is recovering from injury and Rae hasnt kicked a ball much

Talking about the shape of our team, i dont know how many times Hutton and Smith got caught up the park and left the St J strikers 2 on 2 with our centre halfs who are struggling at the best of times.

I know Rangers have tried and failed with a 352 before but i think its the best solution just now.

We seem to be getting over-run in the middle of the park and also look short at the back when the full backs push on, it would also mean we would be playing with 2 Strikers, i dont think Boydy got a touch last night playing up there on his own.

I know Rangers have tried and failed with a 352 before but i think its the best solution just now.

Post of the day! 3-5-2 :)

Couldnt agree more, i think it would get us back to dominating games and it would keep 2 up top which would help Boyd out!