Rangers administration: questions as club move toward creditor meetings

so far as I can see they bid more than green.

Makes you wonder why Green is courting them so assiduously eh?

On a slightly different note I see Green intends putting "wealthy fund manager" and "Rangers fan" Stephen Adams on the board, how will he be able to manage his clients funds and give RFC the time it deserves? Will it require another missive or will it just be a c&p job with John Bennett being replaced by Stephen Adams and Hendersons being replaces by Kames Capital?

He said he will appoint independent directors to the Rangers board, including wealthy fund manager Stephen Adams, a Gers season ticket holder.

Makes you wonder why Green is courting them so assiduously eh?

On a slightly different note I see Green intends putting "wealthy fund manager" and "Rangers fan" Stephen Adams on the board, how will he be able to manage his clients funds and give RFC the time it deserves? Will it require another missive or will it just be a c&p job with John Bennett being replaced by Stephen Adams and Hendersons being replaces by Kames Capital?

oh dear I can see a letter to his boss coming.

What do you expect ? Again, serious question.

They dont really CARE about Rangers, they just want to make money. I dont see that as being too big an issue so long as the club is protected, competitive and financially sound.

Very rarely (some would say sadly) do you see people purchase a football club and not expect to see a return on their money (rich Arab Sheiks & Oil oligarchs aside, whereby plunking a billion down is pocket change for them to have a play thing).

IF we survive, remain competitive and are fiscally sound then I dont have an issue with them getting their money back. They could just as easily have said that this was a non-repayable loan but then taken out exorbitant salaries to still get their money back. This is at least transparent (yes, I know, it is little different to Whyte - but lets not tar everyone with that same "conning bastard" brush just yet).

Surely the vast majority of people who purchase or get involved in football in this country lose money? I personally know of 3 who have got involved with Scottish clubs and lost significant money, one still does, indeed without his continuing funding the club would fold. My biggest concern with this plan is that it is impossible to make money out of Scottish football.

Guest bluebell12
Too funny, we were basically saying that TBK were no better than Green at the same time... Great minds and all that !!

I know of the other (not the Ng one, the other anonymous one) too and that one was, by FAR, my preferred choice. Even though I had no details on the prospective offer the group had serious wealth that would have put a great deal of minds at ease. Sadly it is unlikely we will ever find out why they were not the "chosen ones".

A quick question, who were the other group? Why are they still anonymous?